Skip to content

Adams Park now cashless

Comments

• At least you'll burn a few calories up wandering along the line asking people to stand up so you can see if there's a QR code on their seat.

• Pointing my iPhone at that thing does nothing with the thing with an Apple logo next to it, but the QR code works.

• There's normally a row of places to swipe your card in the gents at AP in my experience

• @arnos_grove said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I want to know what happens if you want to order food and all the seats with the QR codes are occupied... I thought they might be on the back of the seat.

‘Shift your arse pal, I want to order some crisps’.

Anyone else noticed how shiny the seat is

• 'Ryan we don't need you in the kisok any more you'll be> @arnos_grove said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I want to know what happens if you want to order food and all the seats with the QR codes are occupied... I thought they might be on the back of the seat.

How easy would it be to get a cash and carry box of crisps through the turnstile into the Beechdean? (Cash only) .

• @ReturnToSenda said:

They are on some of them. Having spent 2 days cleaning them all. Don't think it's your actual seat you have to order them through, just the block from what I can make out?

• As I live more than 100km from Adams Park, that Fetch app is only offering a selection of 70s estate pubs in the north west.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

They are on some of them. Having spent 2 days cleaning them all. Don't think it's your actual seat you have to order them through, just the block from what I can make out?

All the ones I cleaned had the QR code on the back of the seat in front.
    Still feeling the after effects, next year I will have to pace myself and remind myself of my date of birth

• I am disappointed that cash is no longer welcome at Adams Park, it will disadvantage some fans who have valid reasons for not having a debit card, or a smartphone with an app on, but this is a hard nosed business decision after the club has spent a large amount of money on wi-fi. The announcement was blunt, nothing to soften the blow for the cardless. I would be interested in knowing the Trust's view on this, and if they were consulted at all.

Some businesses stopped accepting cash in lockdown, but that seems to have been reversed to some extent. The risk of coronavirus on cash has largely been debunked. My local chippy will only accept cash, no cards accepted. The Bank of England say that there is £70 billion worth of notes in circulation, roughly twice as much as a decade ago. That equates to about £1,000 per person, but they also say that "large sums are likely to held overseas or for illegal uses, the so-called shadow economy".

As others have pointed out, what happens if the wi-fi goes down, the phone signal at AP is poor. What happens if the banking system goes down, as it does occasionally? We trust too much in technology, hard cash never lets you down. Will cash be accepted in the Village? I think burger van Linda will be very happy at this announcement.

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@arnos_grove said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Very fetching

• edited July 2021

I'm assuming the app currently letting you order beer from the kiosks is a mistake...

• @LX1 said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@arnos_grove said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Very fetching

Very good

• Not sure what rock Wycombe fans have crawled out of if they have managed to get through the last 18 months without some means of card/virtual payment…..

• @Steve_Peart is the chippy South Hill? He loves a cash payment

• South Hill in Holmer Green, @peterparrotface? Years ago I used to be regular there, great fish'n'chips with Chinese style batter! My local is in Winslow now.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Does smack a bit under 'you only had one job'

'Just stick them on the back of the seats'

'Oh not that back. The other back!'

• @EwanHoosaami said:

Well done @EwanHoosaami (and everyone else!), I only managed 3 and a bit hours of the Away Stand today and my 69.7 year old body is knackered!! I'm sure I was nowhere near the oldest volunteer and I tip my hat to you all. The Wycombe spirit lives on!

• The Scottish guy in charge of the chair labels had more than a passing resemblance to Gary Waddock

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

Well done @EwanHoosaami (and everyone else!), I only managed 3 and a bit hours of the Away Stand today and my 69.7 year old body is knackered!! I'm sure I was nowhere near the oldest volunteer and I tip my hat to you all. The Wycombe spirit lives on!

TBH @ValleyWanderer I am bowlaxed now. Got a round of golf booked for 07.20 as well!

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@HCblue said:

I was there, too, @MorrisItal_. Shame I didn't have the chance to identify you and say hello. Really enjoyed the day, spent largely in the cheerful company of @EwanHoosaami and a very agreeable, (comparatively) young lady named after a Blake's 7 character.

I'd love to think she was called Zen, the Onboard Flight Computer.

Gemma or Jenna, my hearing isn't what it used to be. Agree though, she was a very pleasant person. Spent half of the next day working as part of her team. Got the art of cleaning the seats down to a fine art and we reckoned our cleaned seats were the shiniest!!!

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:

@HCblue said:

I was there, too, @MorrisItal_. Shame I didn't have the chance to identify you and say hello. Really enjoyed the day, spent largely in the cheerful company of @EwanHoosaami and a very agreeable, (comparatively) young lady named after a Blake's 7 character.

I'd love to think she was called Zen, the Onboard Flight Computer.

Gemma or Jenna, my hearing isn't what it used to be. Agree though, she was a very pleasant person. Spent half of the next day working as part of her team. Got the art of cleaning the seats down to a fine art and we reckoned our cleaned seats were the shiniest!!!

Jenna (if her parents spelt it in "correct" Blakes 7 style).

She and I formed the same view about our seats on Monday. We definitely had a particularly thorough routine, didn't we!

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Does smack a bit under 'you only had one job'

'Just stick them on the back of the seats'

'Oh not that back. The other back!'

They started the day putting them on the backs of the seats but, when they did, I thought that the low height and awkward angle of the seats would make it difficult to scan them and so was pleased when they later on started to put them on the seat backs. I dare say people will be able to either find an empty seat with a sticker to scan or negotiate with one of the famously friendly Wycombe fans near them to do same.

• Well done to those involved. I would have been tempted to knock up a few 'anti PNL' stickers to naughtily stick on a few seats

• Don't think I will bother buying food. Have you seen the bloody prices! Scandalous.

• Have just downloaded the Fetch Food & Drink App and looked at the food offerings at the various kiosks I'm very surprised to see that "Chips" isn't an option.

That seems really odd for a football stadium.

• @Twizz said:
    Have just downloaded the Fetch Food & Drink App and looked at the food offerings at the various kiosks I'm very surprised to see that "Chips" isn't an option.

That seems really odd for a football stadium.

Don't know if that's an accidental omission or that there's some other explanation but I heard last week that there will be no food cooked in the Frank Adams kiosks anymore - they are simply to bring the stuff in from wherever it does get cooked, foil-wrapped to keep it hot. If that's so, it might explain why there are no chips on the menu since it would likely not be possible to keep those in satisfactory condition were they being cooked elsewhere.

• I couldn't find chips anywhere last time I went to Wembley, although I don't know if it was different as it was the NFL.

• Chips are becoming rarer at football grounds these days. I’m guessing it’s because all the faff around frying them is too much for the profit margin.

• Are they listed as Freedom Fries?

Niche joke, sorry.

• This is the point we know we've become a proper big club as the big clubs don't do chips.