Skip to content

How old do you have to be to go clubbing?

13»

Comments

• 63, but like to think I'm a young 63 if that makes sense? Cycle most weeks circa 35 miles, play golf & allied with one of my occupations hope that jointly I keep in relative form!

• @TwinBrother said:
    The Orchard turned into a meat market by the end.

The ambiguity of a twin.

• edited July 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:
    Definitely no massages between us!

I would guess @ReturnToSenda is no older than his 30s, too, maybe 20s?

Ouch. The latter, thank you very much!

It was a double edged sword - if you are in your 30s and I said 20s, it could be an accusation of immaturity!

Besides, my 30s were fantastic!

Not sure how I feel about being potentially the youngest poster on here...

Judging from the content of his posts, I would bet that @davecz is younger.

• Some point in your 40s is when you suddenly start to feel the death magnet pulling you inexorably towards your fate.

• Not sure that stat takes in to consideration the tendency to worry about only things that matter or the idea / knowledge that so much supposedly important stuff is bs as you get older.
    Aren't we all wise on here outside of the season. Well, not all of us of course..

• 52, me. Going back to the original post, I’m interested to know how old @LX1 is. Too old to meet the bouncers’ criteria but not old enough to think better of the idea of going at all...

• @HCblue said:
    52, me. Going back to the original post, I’m interested to know how old @LX1 is. Too old to meet the bouncers’ criteria but not old enough to think better of the idea of going at all...

I'd be surprised if doormen were allowed to use the phrase "too old" nowadays but at the same time it's just cover for "we don't want you here" be it clothes, age, vibe or general snobby or worse behaviour related.

• Was it the spider-web tattoo across your face and tear-drops by your eyes that did for you @LX1 ?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    63, but like to think I'm a young 63 if that makes sense? Cycle most weeks circa 35 miles, play golf & allied with one of my occupations hope that jointly I keep in relative form!

I reckon 63 is the new 43 and 83 the new 63 (although my father died in 1963 aged 63 so it’s not ideal). In my late seventies I was playing golf, short tennis, table tennis and ten pin bowling on a regular basis. For various reasons, all those activities have come to an end but I do push supermarket trolleys and a lawnmower pretty frequently and clock up a mile or so most weeks.

As you know @EwanHoosaami, I’ve been impressed with the amount of cycling you do but the uphill stretches must be a bit of a pain in this heat. In my late teens when there was probably about 20% of the volume of traffic nowadays, I used to cycle from Maidstone to Bexleyheath (26 miles) to spend part of the school holidays with my maternal grandmother. The outward leg included a long climb up Wrotham Hill which was knackering but something to look forward to on the way home.

• Do clubs still do "Grab a granny" nights ?

• I've not been in a club since 1990

• @drcongo said:
    Some point in your 40s is when you suddenly start to feel the death magnet pulling you inexorably towards your fate.

In your 50s you realise the magnet is a singularity and you’ve crossed the event horizon

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    Do clubs still do "Grab a granny" nights ?

If you find they do message me, I’m asking for a friend

• You're friends with Wayne Rooney?

1. I'm almost old enough to start going out again! There was always a mad bunch of older ravers in most clubs, think you had to be over 45! 3 years to go...
  • edited July 2021

I went to a rave on a boat on the Thames once and met Squarepusher's / Ceephax Acid Crew's dad.

• I only just saw this thread, and immediately thought of a regular at a dodgy club in Aylesbury (is there any other kind?) that had a fedora-wearing character who must have been in his 70s called 'The Colonel' for the resemblance he bore to the founder of KFC. This was over 10 years ago now, so the likelihood of him still gawping at the lovely young things of mid Bucks is reduced, especially if the bouncers now consider his resemblance to be more of Rolf Harris.