Skip to content

How old do you have to be to go clubbing?

Comments

• 46 here.

• So old I've forgotten. What was the question?

• Old enough to remember raves in fields but not what I did last week.

• Probably because of the raves in fields

• @drcongo said:
    Probably because of the raves in fields

@drcongo said:
    Probably because of the raves in fields

Brilliant ?

• @Shev said:

Not massage amounts between us @shev but I'm still the baby so far

• Definitely no massages between us!

I would guess @ReturnToSenda is no older than his 30s, too, maybe 20s?

• @Shev said:
    Definitely no massages between us!

No, definitely no massages ???

• @Shev said:

Ouch. The latter, thank you very much!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:

It was a double edged sword - if you are in your 30s and I said 20s, it could be an accusation of immaturity!

Besides, my 30s were fantastic!

• @Shev said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:

It was a double edged sword - if you are in your 30s and I said 20s, it could be an accusation of immaturity!

Not sure how I feel about being potentially the youngest poster on here...

• @ReturnToSenda ignore @Shev ! You live it up on your 20s!!!! 30s for me has only bought on a mortgage.... Kids...... Gulp... A wife!!!!! ?????

• The Orchard turned into a meat market by the end.

• @Alexo said:
    @ReturnToSenda ignore @Shev ! You live it up on your 20s!!!! 30s for me has only bought on a mortgage.... Kids...... Gulp... A wife!!!!! ?????

There is something to be said for every decade. My 20s were unusually dramatic, and things calmed down and got nice and mellow around 30. Around 40 I just got tired all the time...

• 36 here.

• Upping the average - 61 (which I reckon won’t be far off the mean)

• edited July 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:

Don't worry. Your stats obsession takes you well out of the cool/20s arena into the equivalent of old man levels.

Does that cheer you up?

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:

Don't worry. Your stats obsession takes you well out of the cool/20s arena into the equivalent of old man levels.

Does that cheer you up?

Wait a sec, let me just get my magnifying glass.

• @Shev said:

There is something to be said for every decade. My 20s were unusually dramatic, and things calmed down and got nice and mellow around 30. Around 40 I just got tired all the time...

I’m well in to my ninth decade; I only burn the candle at this end - not sure how you burn it at both ends - and I’m never tired.

• But I do lie a lot !

• edited July 2021

@micra said:

@Shev said:

I’m well in to my ninth decade; I only burn the candle at this end - not sure how you burn it at both ends - and I’m never tired.

In my defence, my daughter turned three at the weekend and my son is coming up eight months. I have a working theory that my lack of energy is somehow associated with their surplus, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

• The first depressing realisation of being old is that "12 year olds" queuing to get into bars are actually 20 odd. The next may be when most "bars" get too tacky for your liking and don't serve anything you'd consider drinkable . A new one is that you now need ID of various sorts regardless of your extended years, but Oh dear, when you realise despite being a few decades behind some of our esteemed contributors you are in not among the younger posters that might get you. Ah well. Btw as if thread subjects never existed High Wycombe seems to the occasional visitor to be a lot better than it was in the late 90s.

• The most depressing realisation is when the ticket office guy asks if you are eligible for a discounted ticket and you realise he is wondering about an over 60s rather than under 25….

• Out of spite i have gone back to Revolution tonight and just had a chat with Wayne Aston who tells me he played against us in the 80s. You old bastards may remember? Centre mid he says

• He seems to be loving life

• Stafford

• 58 but I look 55 and also cut a few years off if I am asked when I'm down the discoteque...

• 59 and loving life