Skip to content

Summer transfer thread

Comments

• @micra said:
    Tejay De Barr makes Anis look quite tall. Who is the player standing on Tafazolli’s right? Me and players’ heights, eh @Malone. Very important.

Its Jack Wakley, one of our summer signings who hasn't featured yet because he's been injured.

• Kind of pathetic that they feel the need to make that statement. People will moan about anything clearly. Newly injured player not in a photo three months before transfer window shocker.

• So we can get the development boys only signed a day or 2 back in the pic, but not Freeman? Seems slightly odd.

Few things are more important than height when that balls in the air and needs knocking @micra.
    Timing helps as well, but a bigun who can head it is critical at all levels.

• @Malone said:
    So we can get the development boys only signed a day or 2 back in the pic, but not Freeman? Seems slightly odd.

Few things are more important than height when that balls in the air and needs knocking @micra.

Hardly off, The development boys have been training with the club and are there. Someone with a serious injury being asked to spend a couple of hours in a car so he can be in a photo would be odd.

• edited September 2021

@StrongestTeam said:

@Malone said:
    So we can get the development boys only signed a day or 2 back in the pic, but not Freeman? Seems slightly odd.

Hardly off, The development boys have been training with the club and are there. Someone with a serious injury being asked to spend a couple of hours in a car so he can be in a photo would be odd.

Maybe you're right. We do like to over analyse stuff as obsessive fans ;)

• Just seen on BBC that Steven Taylor has "retired" and is returning back to the UK.... Do you think Gareth could work his magic and get him to play the rest of the season for us as backup for our defence? I remember he was really good when he played for us on loan

• @Otter87 said:
    Just seen on BBC that Steven Taylor has "retired" and is returning back to the UK.... Do you think Gareth could work his magic and get him to play the rest of the season for us as backup for our defence? I remember he was really good when he played for us on loan

He had absolutely superb potential, and was touted as a future England captain, injuries helped reduce him to just a decent career.

Not one for us now. We have a decent set of centre back options for this system.

• We're definitely a senior centre back light IMO for a long league season, suspect Taylor's legs have gone though

• Hopefully, Wakeley will recover from his injury. He looked good against Leicester.

• Mustn’t rule out André Burley must we ? Or is he a little short of what’s required in our Championship aspirations ? See what I did there @Malone ?

• edited September 2021

It's almost as if Gareth and Dobbo are not panicking and playing the long game expecting players to come back into contention as the season progresses.

• Wonder if they’ve topped up their tanks.
    Loved those reports on’t telly by Phil McCann. Could even have used his full first name

• Crikey, forgot the full-stop.

• @micra said:
    Mustn’t rule out André Burley must we ? Or is he a little short of what’s required in our Championship aspirations ? See what I did there @Malone ?

It's basic knowledge by now that you like your men large.

• edited September 2021

The fact we were definitely after Lavelle suggests Gaz wanted another centre back. As good a prospect as Burley/ Wakeley might be I wouldn't want to have them starting for a run of games if we had injuries, there's so little room for dropping points if we're serious about going up

• @Username I know what you're saying...but sometimes you need to throw people in or there is no point having a squad.

• In the team photo day photos Burley was in a sling in one of the pics. I'm not up with yoooth fashion but I don't think this is on trend, so injured?

• @Malone said:

@micra said:
    Mustn’t rule out André Burley must we ? Or is he a little short of what’s required in our Championship aspirations ? See what I did there @Malone ?

It's basic knowledge by now that you like your men large.

I thought we were going to keep that quiet @Maline.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    In the team photo day photos Burley was in a sling in one of the pics. I'm not up with yoooth fashion but I don't think this is on trend, so injured?

Burley appeared to injure his shoulder during the Papa Johns game and was subbed.

• Had Stewarts ban stood, one injury to Taff or JJ....and we look light on experienced heads at the back

• Lavelle has suffered a long term injury, bad luck for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59076097

• Still no news on Jack Wakely !! Long term injury ?

• edited October 2021

Wouldn't be signing from Swansea as he left them recently, but that is him. Iraq U23 international.

• Al-Hamadi has an interesting background...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48218007

• He seems just the type of character that would thrive in our dressing room.

• Must be the trialist that scored against Bournemouth.
    Without trying to be all 'Quizy' There can't be many if any British clubs that have had an Iranian and an Iraqi in their squad ?

• How does this work then? He signs for us now, when can he play ?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    How does this work then? He signs for us now, when can he play ?

As far as I can tell, he's a free agent. Was offered a new deal in the summer but not sure if he accepted - tweeted yesterday that he'd left in any case.