Skip to content

Fred to Luton

14567810»

Comments

• @Wycombe85 said:
    I think Fred's poor form in the 1st half if the season was the major factor in him not being in the starting XI on a regular basis, rather than any scatter gun selection policy.

In the 2nd half of the season and particularly towards the end of the season his form was very good and he therefore found himself starting most games. Seems a fairly standard way of selecting players.

He gave the ball away far too much at the start of the season for me and didn’t start to show his ability until the end of the season when he had to be more disciplined positionally and with his decision making due to league position and need for points.

Personally, I wouldn’t say he was any better than what PCH was when he was here.

• They've actually got fairly similar records. Paris 19 goals to Fred's 23, in 110 or so appearances.

But I can't imagine many people would dispute that Fred was clearly the better player.
    Bearing in mind he was a teenager when we first got him, and was a star player in league 1, twice bought by championship teams now.

Paris was a strong league 2 player, but not a stand out in league 1.