Skip to content

Derby County FFP and the EFL

Comments

• It was 88,000 views in the end.

• Thanks @Shev. That’ll take some beating.

• Well this thread is still uppermost - just twenty odd thousand to go!

• I thought a thread sidetracked by Dev to the minute intricacies of Planning Law might top the charts!

• @micra said:

Excuse me @drcongo. Is 67,000 views a Gasroom record?

I’ve just got Derbys accountants to recalculate the views and apparently there’s only 12

• @mooneyman said:
    I thought a thread sidetracked by Dev to the minute intricacies of Planning Law might top the charts!

No. @dev’s posts are death to threads.

• @mooneyman said:
    I thought a thread sidetracked by Dev to the minute intricacies of Planning Law might top the charts!

Technically that's about 140 separate threads, so if you added them all together it might.

• Feck me. Ravel Morrison training with Derby now. What a joy.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Feck me. Ravel Morrison training with Derby now. What a joy.

Haven't they suffered enough?

• Crikey, is it April 1st already?

The Athletic UK
    @TheAthleticUK
    ·
    1h
    NEWS | Peter Ridsdale has been elected onto the EFL board as one of three new Championship representatives.

The 69-year-old infamously oversaw the financial collapse of #LUFC in the early 2000s.

• Was Bernie Madoff not available?

• wtf indeed.

• Expect the entire football league to go bust within two years and Peter to get a shiny new yacht.

• An unfit and improper person having authority to conduct fit and proper person tests. You could not make it up.

• They also interviewed the former CFO of Enron and the former Head of Risk Capital at Bear Sterns but both turned the EFL down, allegedly.

No news from Prince Andrew's camp at time of posting.

• Apparently Ridsdale is overwhelmingly popular among EFL owners. Even Andy Holt has publicly expressed his support. Weird.

• Forgetting about his stewardship at Leeds (can anyone do that yet?) Mr Ridsdale certainly has a proven track record i.e Barnsley, Cardiff City and our beloved, Plymouth Argyle.

WH Sports, under his custodianship, found itself in insolvency, Ridsdale was banned as a director until April 2020. I've posted the details earlier on this thread.

• Just out of curiosity, has Mr Ridsdale managed to buck this seemly 100% record of failure with the custodianship of other entities when it comes to his own personal finances? I know some people a little more local than Mr Ridsdale that found it equally difficult to make a success of their stewardship of other people's assets but happily found a way to increase their own portfolio handsomely - so it's not all brickbats, apparently.

• For as long as football attracts the newly minted, uneducated, narcissistic sociopath it is difficult to see how things will ever change - we only have to look at our club to see how that works, great for the carpetbaggers not so great for the community they pertain to represent.

• Sorry @NiceCarrots, as I'm an uneducated sociopath, you may need to spell that out in simpler terms for me.

• edited July 2021

I purchased a suit recently...does that count as newly minted?

• Good luck with your court appearance @Wendoverman!

• They got nothing on me...except being uneducated and narcissistic

• @Wendoverman said:
    They got nothing on me...except being uneducated and narcissistic

Who do you pertain to represent @Wendoverman ? Cheap jibe. I’m sure that was autocorrect in your last post @NiceCarrots.

• Looks like Swindon desperately need a Rob C type figure to come in and ruin their club...only five contracted players and no-one being paid!

• Surely that’s ‘run’, not ‘ruin’ @Wendoverman ?

• Tell us what you really think @Wendoverman!

Swindon are completing PSF's at the moment so i guess they've found a work around. How is their situation different from Bury's a couple of years ago?

• Yes, @Lloyd2084 I was indeed joshing about ruin/run...as you see some people on here are of the opinion that Rob C taking over when we were down to the bare bones before the start of our last League One campaign was not a good thing. Weak joke I know.
    Not sure what you want from me there @floyd

• @Wendoverman ruin/run. I hadn’t spotted @Lloyd2084’s post.