Skip to content

Match day thread: Bournemouth

Comments

• This is a phenomenal performance from the lads.

• Was that an outrageous attempt on goal by Stockdale?!

• edited May 2021

Wonderful stuff again from the Chairboys again today.

A brilliant half of football.

• Great performance so far. The way we have finished this season gives great hope for the League One promotion push. If only this season went on for a couple more weeks...

• Great first half, we have been the better side and certainly the most likely to score

• Absolute joy to watch.

• Fred has become a really effective defensive player. I thought he had become a bit one dimensional but this change to wing back has made him far more of a threat attacking too.

• If we’d been playing this formation all season Fred would be up there for player of the season.

• Loved Uches "mini haka" celebration to the subs

• Damn - see Derby have scored right at the start of the second half against Swansea - fingers crossed Swansea can get back into this

• Love watching the team coming out for that second half. Relaxed & happy - even Curtis was laughing. There cannot be a team with a better spirit.

• Posh 2-0 down

• @Shev said:
    I said it last time, but the location of that ear on the badge is the stuff of nightmares.

Good spot!

• If Peterborough bottle automatic promotion to Lincoln it would be very amusing. Still unlikely though.

• Bournemouth are giving Curtis a right shin kicking this afternoon

• Swansea equalize, come on Swansea!!

• I think Phil is underestimating the task - if this match finishes 1-0 we will need to beat Middlesbrough at least 14-0 to turn around the goal difference with Sheffield Weds assuming they beat Derby.

• Swansea winning. We could take this to the final day. A staggering achievement considering where we were

• @Chris said:
    I think Phil is underestimating the task - if this match finishes 1-0 we will need to beat Middlesbrough at least 14-0 to turn around the goal difference with Sheffield Weds assuming they beat Derby.

I suspect, just suspect he's not actually looked at the clearly very high amount of goal turnaround, that closely.

• YEEEEEEESSS Swansea now winning 2-1.

• @robin said:
    YEEEEEEESSS Swansea now winning 2-1.

Brilliant

• @Malone said:

@Chris said:
    I think Phil is underestimating the task - if this match finishes 1-0 we will need to beat Middlesbrough at least 14-0 to turn around the goal difference with Sheffield Weds assuming they beat Derby.

I suspect, just suspect he's not actually looked at the clearly very high amount of goal turnaround, that closely.

I wouldn't want us to relax thinking we'd done it after our 10th.

• @Chris said:

Damn it. Up til then I was in hope. Now I’m crest fallen

• Where was that luck the rest of the season! Incredible that didn't go in.

• @Chris said:

@Malone said:

@Chris said:

I wouldn't want us to relax thinking we'd done it after our 10th.

Could you imagine the fury if Boro played a bunch of kids and we booted them into touch.
    Would be incredible scenes.

• Wow what a superb interception by Stewart there - the football gods are at long last smiling on us

• I think our luck is finally balancing out!

• That was an incredible block by Stewart, luck didn't come into it

• We could still realistically finish 3rd from bottom if results finish as they are.

• Incredibly proud of this performance. Fantastic team display across the whole pitch today