Skip to content

Rob Couhig in BBC Sport article

2»

Comments

• Losing every week, doubting players efforts and quality will get you down but anyone who thought coming up was going to be easy is simply a moron. I got messages from fans of other clubs minutes after promotion saying we'd lose every game. We haven't and we're still technically in the fight two weeks before the end of the season, should be proud rather than picking silly fights.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Rob’s comments raise an interesting question. If you asked Wycombe fans to state which of two alternatives they would prefer, what would get most votes?
    A) Struggling at the wrong end of the Championship,
    B) Challenging at the top end of League One.

This binary choice means challenging at the top of League One but never getting promoted. Can’t see how this would be a preferred choice for anyone.
    Bottom line is that Rob has been quoted using the views of a tiny percentage of the support. I really hope he know the majority view because decisions could be based on this.

• Middle ground @glasshalffull. Middle lower half of Championship. The position it could be argued (very reasonably, I think) that we would now be in if there had been time between mid-July and the Rotherham match for the usual pre-season preparations, a few better decisions on the pitch and fewer injuries to key players. That’s what would have made me even happier than I am already. I’m sure I’m not alone in that respect.

Realistically, challenging at the top end of League 1 next season in front of 6000 plus home crowds is a delightful and not unreasonable prospect.

Rob Couhig’s words are almost invariably extremely carefully chosen but not immune of course to journalistic licence.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Rob’s comments raise an interesting question. If you asked Wycombe fans to state which of two alternatives they would prefer, what would get most votes?

I think option A would be a comfortable winner

• @eric_plant said:

@glasshalffull said:

Without a doubt @eric_plant. What I just wrote was my assessment of more immediate prospects and how I would react rather than a choice of options suggested by @glasshalffull.

• Football.owners being distant from and having little or no clue about the real feelings if their fans? If only something big would happen to open their eyes.

• @eric_plant said:

@glasshalffull said:

l

PPP
    I was going to vote A but B has the cool glasses emoji so I voted for that, the same thing happened with brexit

• Any fan unhappy with their team playing as high as possible or going as far as they can in a cup needs to find another sport to follow I think. As I said not sure who has been saying anything other than that to Rob.

• When I read the article I thought his comment unlike his normal statements, usually positive but realistic. No doubt some people have said what was reported, but surely the vast majority have not. At least we have an owner who is interested in the club, its history and the fans; as those of us who have met him will surely agree - unlike the Glasers, Henry's of this world. We are very fortunate to have him and let's not forget without him and his family we would not have a club now.

• @Wendoverman - Premier League would be good but no the ESL ?

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    @Wendoverman - Premier League would be good but no the ESL ?

£250 million and no relegation? I reckon Rob would consider it @Blue_since_1990 :smile: