Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol City

Comments

• Uche to score today. It's time.

• Dennis Adeniran already making me smile. What a wonderful player.

• Was just lamenting If only they could pass it a bit better. Low and behold 50/50 possession flashes up

• Beeswax. Good hit that.

• That’s some finish.

• I do so hate those sudden moments of quality!

• You do get the impression Adeniran realised half way through the season his contract was expiring, and is using this as a shop window to other champ sides

• @prufrock_91 said:
    You do get the impression Adeniran realised half way through the season his contract was expiring, and is using this as a shop window to other champ sides

Couldn't do much from the main stand tbh.

• But he was brilliant before his injury too.

• Are Bristol City just a lousy side who score amazing goals? Their winner at their place was some hit too.

• They’ve lost only three fewer games than we have. They rarely draw. We’ve had more shots than them but haven’t really tested Bentley. This looks like a game for Bayo because, sadly, Uche hasn’t been too effective.

• No idea what I’d change here. Been playing fairly well, but their defenders have the measure of Uche - he needs to do more and moan less. He’s turning into the incredible sulk.

• Uche always seems to score at the height of my exasperation with him, so he is nailed on now.

• No Kashket at all now. What is going on?

• I was only saying to my son just before kick off that I think Kashket will be off this summer. Hate it to be so as I still think he has a lot to offer this club.

• Another game in which the opposition do not look that much better but we trail. Wonder if Admiral.would work better with Bayo?. Or if the big man would have been there for one of the McCarthy crosses?. Or if Gareth will make any changes before the 80th minute???

• Uche’s so much better with the ball at his feet, so it’s a bit of a mystery why we keep firing it three feet over his head.

• I still think Kashket is best striker surely he must be injured as not even on bench

• @StrongestTeam said:

@prufrock_91 said:
    You do get the impression Adeniran realised half way through the season his contract was expiring, and is using this as a shop window to other champ sides

Couldn't do much from the main stand tbh.

Not sure it was just his injury keeping him out. He seemed fit when he made that skills showcase video to tout himself out

• Definitely made it while injured did he? Was it live?

• Could be anything with Kashket, hopefully not personal stuff. Hopefully just the slightest of niggles.

Now we seem to be trialling this new formation, there's definitely room for him in a front 2 on more occasions than this year.

• Bristol City have a manager who will know how to see this game out. We don’t seem to have that ‘edge’ tonight.

• I hate it when we get much worse after subs.

• @floyd said:
    Uche’s so much better with the ball at his feet, so it’s a bit of a mystery why we keep firing it three feet over his head.

I was just about to whinge about how little he’d done today.

• @drcongo said:
    I hate it when we get much worse after subs.

This aged as well as my comment about Uche’s heading abilities.

• Spot on @Shev !

• I dont get what Wheeler does for the team?

• Great header, for someone who's so shit in the air

• I’m always happier when Wheeler’s on, but that reverse pass was sublime.