Skip to content

Match day thread: Huddersfield

Comments

• Confidence is really growing this half and certain posters have gone incredibly quiet.

• Whoah... calm down here people, dont get me wrong, I dont dislike the Couhigs at all ! I'm extremely grateful for what theyve have done and are doing for our club. But a commentator he does not make. All opinions, no need to be so precious just because someone doesnt agree with you !

Now, concentrate on the football ! Come on you blues

• Huddersfield comms don’t sound happy

• @HolmerBlue you've made your opinion clear, others have countered with their opinions. It’s all fair game.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Whoah... calm down here people, dont get me wrong, I dont dislike the Couhigs at all ! I'm extremely grateful for what theyve have done and are doing for our club. But a commentator he does not make. All opinions, no need to be so precious just because someone doesnt agree with you !

Now, concentrate on the football ! Come on you blues

He's not a commentator. He's very much the occasional co commentator. Just like the years of having some monotone player on, or random guest.
    Certainly no worse than many.

The peak is probably AP and Phil combining, but they are actual pros!

• The Oodersfield commentators despondent droning is delightful background noise.

• Two great opportunities there for us for Horgan and McCleary, hopefully we won't come to regret not taking advantage of our purple patch.

• I frequently get videos from other clubs as part of my preparation for games and if you think our commentary is biased, believe me it is nothing compared to those.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    The Oodersfield commentators despondent droning is delightful background noise.

Yeah it's very much the opposite of the classic "you've found your voice" when someone (typically a Liverpool fan) suddenly pipes up after years of silence.

• Really need to be taking our chances - certainly our best half of football since before Christmas and possibly the whole season. Fred and Admiral on to win the game?

• Garath has really stepped it up this half. He, Horgan, Mehmeti and Uche look cracking this half.

• Come on Grimmer, couple of sloppy balls when we're in good positions.

Knight looks like he's loving it smashing a few people in the middle.

• Oh Obita.

• Making a few poor choices when we have it in good positions. But we're getting into the positions which is a huge positive.

• Looked like Grimmer snapped at Mehmeti there after winning the foul. Unusual for this team.

• Stewart’s boots are shaped like Duberry’s head today.

• Great 2nd half, but why do Championship players look like they don't know how to make hit a ball in the final 3rd?

• edited February 2021

@JohnBoy said:
    Looked like Grimmer snapped at Mehmeti there after winning the foul. Unusual for this team.

Mehmeti was barking at him asking why on earth he didn't just play him a simple 5 yard pass instead of trying the much harder option of running down the narrow space between the Huddo player and the touchline.

A sign we can feel the win and it matters - it's a good thing.

• I’m starting to see what so many find so frustrating about Horgan.

• Mcleary and Horgan best games for us so far? Great to see them both on the pitch i think.

• Uche though, I love him more with every minute he plays.

• Time seemed to slow down when Stewart was getting to that at the back post. So close here...

• FUCKING GET IN

• Beautiful.

• GET IN THERE!!!!!!

• Terrible defending that.

• Incredible half Blues

• Faaaaaaarrrrrk! Great goal. Defend like hell now!!!

• Come on !!!!!!!!!!