Skip to content

Match day thread: Nottingham Forest

Comments

• @floyd said:
    I’ve got a really bad feeling about this one.

Hmmm so have I now...

• Ho hum. Dreaded buffering circle quite often today, and a goal down.
    I clicked the go live button after their goal and it whizzed me on 5mins!

• Blooms much more involved today.

• Someone explain Horgan to me. Massive ability. So capable. Looks so willing. So often invisible. Is it the formation?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Someone explain Horgan to me. Massive ability. So capable. Looks so willing. So often invisible. Is it the formation?

I think it is

• I think we just struggle to work it to Horgan's feet.

• Can’t miss those.

• Not quite sure who those not wanting Bloomfield to start think should be starting in his place given the players available? Thompson would be too defensive and Muskwe too attack minded.
    Strange to have Kashkett rather than Samuel on the bench, given that at some point well need to score if we want to win.

(written before Forest scored)

Someone explain Horgan to me. Massive ability. So capable. Looks so willing. So often invisible. Is it the formation?

He's just been given the ball on the wing for the first time in the game 25 mins in, and delivered a great cross. I think it's the formation / system.

• We don’t have Kashket on the bench do we?

• Blooms must have been told to constantly get in Uche’s way today.

• Yes, our system does not suit him at all. He must be very frustrated.

• We miss JJ's set pieces

• @Quarterman said:
    Kashket not injured, just left out of the squad. Confirmed by Ainsworth ‘couldn’t find a place for him in the squad’ - can’t quite believe that. He was missing chances towards the end of his run in the side, but his pace and energy always causing problems. And he had 4 goals. Can’t quite get my head around the fact he can’t even get in the 18.

Bloomfield starting again is crazy. I understand the point about the generals, but after that performance on Tuesday he should be nowhere near the starting 11.

Bizarre decision. Can’t really criticise Gaz and he may be hiding something. But on face value it seems crazy to me

• Power of the Gasroom. Horgan starting to motor.

• @drcongo said:
    Blooms must have been told to constantly get in Uche’s way today.

And to stand around so far forward that Uche keeps having to drop back into midfield.

• I’m not sure if we’re really on top or if Forest have decided they’ve done enough to win.

• @floyd said:
    I’m not sure if we’re really on top or if Forest have decided they’ve done enough to win.

They won’t be too concerned with how things are going

• @Twizz said:
    Not quite sure who those not wanting Bloomfield to start think should be starting in his place given the players available? Thompson would be too defensive and Muskwe too attack minded.
    Strange to have Kashkett rather than Samuel on the bench, given that at some point well need to score if we want to win.

(written before Forest scored)

Blooms seems to play in an attacking midfield role but with his principle role being to fill space and close down the opposition defenders when they are in possession. I would rather see somebody there that can control the ball and turn (horgan, mcleary, Fred?) and have another one of our many decent wingers on in his place.

I love blooms but him chugging off after the ball and arriving 2 seconds too late has been my image of most of the season so far.

• @drcongo said:
    Blooms must have been told to constantly get in Uche’s way today.

You're on top cynical form today. Lol.

• Yeah noooo

• @micra said:
    Yeah noooo

Exactly that.

Yess-arrghhh

• Can you be offside if you make contact with the defender as the ball is in the air? Apparently.

• Shame, that was a great header

Seemed the same when he played for Ireland thoug, flash, little end product

• @floyd said:
    Can you be offside if you make contact with the defender as the ball is in the air? Apparently.

Not sure offside has ever been decided on contact.

• If we can level we can win.

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:
    Can you be offside if you make contact with the defender as the ball is in the air? Apparently.

Pretty obvious what I meant.

• @floyd said:

My immediate thought was Uche did look to be beyond the defender so wasn't surprised to see the flag. Why does it take us conceding a cheap, poorly defended goal to try and attack teams?

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:

Pretty obvious what I meant.

Not to me, but apologies if it was to everyone else.