Skip to content

Match day thread: Preston (FA CUP)

Comments

• Ffs ! I dont normally slate Allsopp as hes done ok this season... but we've made 2 mistakes this game and hes made both of them

• He dived so early for that penalty it was almost before the penalty taker started his run up

I say dived, he sort of just lay down on the ground

• Definitely reasons to be cheerful for the rest of the season I think..

• edited January 2021

@HolmerBlue said:
    Ffs ! I dont normally slate Allsopp as hes done ok this season... but we've made 2 mistakes this game and hes made both of them

He's certainly destined to be a player that people will forever spell his name wrong.
    I had to check!

• I seem to be about five mins behind

• @Wendoverman said:
    I seem to be about five mins behind

Alsopp must have just started his dive for the penalty

• Too slow off his line Allsop .Poor goalkeeping.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I seem to be about five mins behind

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and make sure it says LIVE in the left hand corner.

I've fallen to this many a time on ifollow.

• You know when Rocky finally saves one it will be to keep us up or win the cup.

• Don't particularly want to weigh in on the Allsop debate but I've never had less faith in a Wycombe goalkeeper when saving penalties. He never even gets close or guesses correctly it seems.

Needs to watch his time-wasting on a yellow though!

• Poor goalkeeper.

• The other 10 have been fantastic

• Anyone else getting a little concerned about the fog ??

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Anyone else getting a little concerned about the fog ??

The commentator was.

• A phenomenal half, so many chances we could have scored 5 or 6.

Allsop has had a much better season than some neggers on his will say, but that was a complete nightmare from him. Careers towards the striker unnecessarily, and like @DJWYC14 says - you have so little confidence in him saving pens. I'd prefer Alex Lynch circa Wembley 2015 to face a spot kick over him.

• If only we could have held out - as long as we had the clean sheet, we looked so much more confident. I hope I am wrong, but I could see us being caught between two stools and retreating into our shells now.

• Great first half, have we ever played with this level of confidence this season?

• Excellent first half but Allsop has given them a potential foot hold in the game. Not sure what he was doing when Taff headed against his own bar. Probably no call!!

• Start the second half as we started the first and go all out for a 4th (how great is it to be saying that after this season so far!!).

Another goal against makes things horribly nervy from nowhere!

• Gosh if we can maintain this sort of performance to the league I think we could well stay up.

Been a superb first half, Muskwe looks a great acquisition, We look really good when we keep it on the floor and pass it quickly forward.

• @JohnBoy said:
    For those that can't lip read:
    "I didn't f***king touch him" - Rocky Allsop.

That’s some claim given you could clearly see two stud marks the length of the players thigh

• Tafazolli headed the ball just as Allsop was about to catch it. Lack of confidence in him?

• We're moving the ball much more quickly today - great stuff from the outfielders.

• Excellent performance for 40 minutes. Have to admit not sure what the point of the rush out from Rocky was there were defenders on their way back. But its an ill wind that does not blow any of the usual whingers something to moan about. Hopefully the wind will blow the fog away!

• He didn't call for it

• @TheDancingYak said:

@JohnBoy said:
    For those that can't lip read:
    "I didn't f***king touch him" - Rocky Allsop.

That’s some claim given you could clearly see two stud marks the length of the players thigh

It was a really bizarre one as he didn't look to make much contact but didn't seem to realise he was getting nowhere near it to try and pull out.

Their man had everything to do from that angle.

• @TheDancingYak Really? if Rocky caught any part of Riis it was his hip

• @eric_plant said:
    He didn't call for it

Exactly

• Goodness, what a half.

Firstly, fantastic broadcasting from whichever production company the FA have hired. Such crisp micced sound (appreciate having one so close to the dug outs so we hear Gareth's "squeeeeeeeze"), good commentary, aided by being in a studio and able to watch replays rather than being at the ground on a dodgy ISDN line. And goal line technology!

And wow. If we play a front line of Onyedinma, Ikpeazu and Muskwe all season I might finally be able to get behind 433! McCarthy absolutely on fire coming forward as well and Wheeler at his sublime best. All three goals scored after driving down the pitch and then crossing from inside the box. Just shows what might have been this season if we hadn't persisted in Bayoball for so long.

• I’m guessing the Rocky / Taff mixup was because they both called “Ryan’s” as it was coming in.