Skip to content

Big month for Rob Couhig...

12346»

Comments

• @bigred87 said:
    Im in debate about our keeper not being good enough, he's fucked up again im obviously gonna mention it.. come on

He also made a fantastic save for a definite goal much earlier. Swings and roundabouts.

• @JohnBoy said:

@bigred87 said:
    Im in debate about our keeper not being good enough, he's fucked up again im obviously gonna mention it.. come on

He also made a fantastic save for a definite goal much earlier. Swings and roundabouts.

Because he didn't call and catch a routine ball, then taf smashed it against the bar.

• @bigred87 said:

You're on a thread about it being a big month for Rob Couhig.

• @bigred87 said:

@JohnBoy said:

@bigred87 said:

Because he didn't call and catch a routine ball, then taf smashed it against the bar.

That's not the one I'm talking about.

• Maybe scan up to the previous comments malone?

• Cant think any other goal saving saves tbh @JohnBoy..... anyway everyone has a opinion let's leave it at that.

• @bigred87 said:
    Cant think any other goal saving saves tbh @JohnBoy..... anyway everyone has a opinion let's leave it at that.

• That's the same one, Taf is climbing out the net after hitting the bar.....

• So back to the Couhig’s big month. Do we stick or twist? Do we push the boat out and support GA to bring in on or two more players to improve the squad ( yes I know we will need to either release or loan players out to do that). We are so close to having a really good squad in this league.
    Let’s give GA a real chance and give it a real go!

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    So back to the Couhig’s big month. Do we stick or twist? Do we push the boat out and support GA to bring in on or two more players to improve the squad ( yes I know we will need to either release or loan players out to do that). We are so close to having a really good squad in this league.

I think Knight’s re signing and Admirals arrival and a fit squad and Saturdays performance show that we are just about there. Any further nugatory expenditure should be cautioned against.

• That's a big if about the fit squad though. Do we really want to rely on our 11 best players remaining injury free for half a season as the matches come thick and fast? With our track record of injuries?

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    So back to the Couhig’s big month. Do we stick or twist? Do we push the boat out and support GA to bring in on or two more players to improve the squad ( yes I know we will need to either release or loan players out to do that). We are so close to having a really good squad in this league.

Stick. No need to risk the future. Especially if the present looks more than likely to be paused at some point soon.

• @aloysius said:
    That's a big if about the fit squad though. Do we really want to rely on our 11 best players remaining injury free for half a season as the matches come thick and fast? With our track record of injuries?

Maybe we HAVE to rely on that. Personally I trust GA is doing the right thing and I trust Rob to help him and Dobbo out in any way he can. The performance on Saturday shows we are not far away from being competitive in a league where most players are more experienced and/or earn more than ours. Good enough for me and my rose tinted specs.

• @aloysius said:
    That's a big if about the fit squad though. Do we really want to rely on our 11 best players remaining injury free for half a season as the matches come thick and fast? With our track record of injuries?

You talk as if we'll never be allowed to get promoted again. Sustainable long term growth is the goal and if you don't grasp it I fear you are always going to be frustrated by short term issues. If we go down we go again next season to go up again in a stronger place. I do believe our current squad make that an if too.

• Hopefully we have had our injuries for the season and if we can put out this eleven most weeks : Allsop: Grimmer, Stewart, Tafazolli, Jacobson: McClearly, Knight, Thompson, Horgan : Uche Muskee ( good team) we have a real chance of staying up. .

• It will be interesting to see who starts at right back next Saturday. I thought McCarthy was outstanding against Preston

• It's a nice conundrum to have. Grimmer seems better in the tackle, but McCarthy offers more going forward.

• McCarthy played well against a weakened Preston team however Grimmer has been excellent all season.

• It's great to have both Grimmer and McCarthy...both good right backs and that GA was able to persuade both of them to stay and compete for their place. We have more options going forward now we just need a Left back back up I think. And obviously a new goalie or a run for Stockdale for @eric_plant :smile:

• @aloysius said:

For me we now have more than a /‘best 11’. I can think of four or five players who didn’t get a look in Saturday whom may be considered as in ‘the best eleven’. Agree re injuries, we do seem to suffer more than our fair share, a function of the 110% effort perhaps?

• Don't worry about that Wenders, I'd imagine with a week's training with Lee Harrison under his belt Rocky will come soaring like an eagle to claim every cross QPR put in

• @davecz said:
    Hopefully we have had our injuries for the season and if we can put out this eleven most weeks : Allsop: Grimmer, Stewart, Tafazolli, Jacobson: McClearly, Knight, Thompson, Horgan : Uche Muskee ( good team) we have a real chance of staying up. .

Let's leave Stewart out of the equation for now, we've heard Ainsworth suggest that players are back in contention months before they actually are rather too often before. I agree that Grimmer has earned his place as first choice right back over the season as a whole, so I'd probably just swap Adeniran in for Stewart (and obviously drop Knight back into defence). We'd also have a decent looking bench.

Cover for JJ is the absolute priority if we can bring anyone else in this month.

• @eric_plant said:
    Don't worry about that Wenders, I'd imagine with a week's training with Lee Harrison under his belt Rocky will come soaring like an eagle to claim every cross QPR put in

And smiles a bit I hope.

• He can be as grumpy as he wants

• Apparently, Rocky’s words to the referee when he blew for the penalty were not “I never fuckin’ touched him” as one lip-reading Gasroomer reported but “I don’t belieeve it”. He can often be seen with One Foot in the D.