Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Scorer race

The lack of goals so far this season means the race for top scorer could get interesting, though Scottie still has the lead:

Current table (goals and assists)

Kashket: 4 - 0
Jacobson: 2 - 4
McCleary: 2 - 1
Wheeler: 2 - 1
Tafazolli: 1 - 0
Mehmeti: 1 - 0
Bloomfield: 1 - 0
Stewart: 1- 0
Own goal: 1 - 0

I was going to attach a poll, but I assume Scottie and JJ would still be the prohibitive favourites, with Garath as a dark horse. For me, it will be interesting to see if Uche and/or Bayo can enter the reckoning from their current score of zero.

Comments

• Not exactly a red hot battle so far is it!

Top scorer on 4 half way through the season :)
    I'm sure at least 2 of those Kashket goals were utter goalkeeping howlers too.

• @Malone said:
    Not exactly a red hot battle so far is it!

And penalties aren't real goals either apparently.

I'd still say Bayo, Uche and Horgan would be in with a shout but I'm going for our Sean Devine style January loan signing.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:

I'd still say Bayo, Uche and Horgan would be in with a shout but I'm going for our Sean Devine style January loan signing.

Oh they all count.
    I'm never quite sure why people place penalties sub par to tap ins.

Tap ins are often easier, as they're closer, and have less pressure build ups.

• One thing looks probable - JJ would win any tiebreaker with his assists.

• I always think a professional footballer missing a penalty is a disgrace. But im not a professional footballer

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:

God, imagine having Sean devine in his hay day sign for us now ...

• If we include the EFL Cup, Horgan also has a goal, with Scottie an assist.

• I think β€œrace” is pushing it.

• @drcongo said:
    I think β€œrace” is pushing it.

True - "Walk through quicksand" might be closer!

• Wonder what our lowest top scorer has been in well..league and non league days.

Surely no-one got double figures that season we almost went to non league?

• Had to check. Matt McClure got 9 in 2013-14. So six more for Kashket to avoid worsening that then!

• edited December 2020

Harriman and Thompson with 7 in 2015/16 is surely the lowest of the League era?

• Wiki has Harriman as 6 and Thompson stand alone as 7...but yes the stakes have been lowered then!

Just 3 more for Kashket then!