Skip to content

PPG League 1

2»

Comments

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I still can't see anything happening though. We can't have a repeat of last season and, as above, there's barely any spare time to make use of before the Euros.

I'm not sure if Covid is as certain about that. As more and more matches get cancelled, millions are not allowed to travel outside a small area and all other entertainment is being destroyed by closures it interesting how so many see football as different.
    I can see you being right but I actually hope the sport doesn't see itself as different to the rest of the nation.
    We'll see I suppose and hope that all the Wycombe squad and support staff stay safe.

• edited December 2020

Sport has the advantage over other forms of entertainment of being able to carry on without spectators - although I guess it will be trickier in football below Championship level unless they're able to really ramp up testing.

• I think also that for a huge amount of people, that football continuing is the one thing keeping them sane.

• Maybe they need to just cancel L1 and L2, with no relegation? I might have to live on the Sunderland and Peterborough forums if that happened.

• @Shev said:
    Maybe they need to just cancel L1 and L2, with no relegation? I might have to live on the Sunderland and Peterborough forums if that happened.

No relegation from the champ? That'd be incredible scenes to witness!!

• @Malone said:
    I think also that for a huge amount of people, that football continuing is the one thing keeping them sane.

Hmmm I would worry that I may not pass that ‘sane’ test if any psychologist happens to watch my rantings and ravings in front of my iPad watching us play

• So now Ipswich join the League One super clubs cancelling games due to Covid 19.