Skip to content

Player of the season so far?

124»

Comments

• Why are we all suddenly taking Kashket out?

• @HCblue said:

@Username said:
    For me so far

Pots: Knight

Expected to have been good and have been: Horgan, McCleary, Grimmer, Stewart, Wheeler

Surprisingly good with average expectations: JJ, Rocky, Thompson, Adeniran, Kashket

Underwhelming: Fred, Bayo, McCarthy, Gape

I could pretty much go with this appraisal. Might have Wheeler in group B rather than A and create a third category above the Underwhelming group for Kashket, who needs to put take more of these chances at present.

Wheeler is a strange one, because in his actual position he hasn't offered that much attacking wise, so I'd agree, but he's done a really good job filling in all over the place in the last few games. (He's also one of my favourite players so that helps his rating)

• @Croider said:
    Thompson not count as a L2 veteran then? Didn't feature much, but certainly remember a cameo at the end of the Tyson Luton away game where he looked pretty suspect!

Good point! I forgot about his handful of appearances. He can join the club!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Why are we all suddenly taking Kashket out?

I would have taken him out a few weeks ago :wink:

• @Username said:

@HCblue said:

@Username said:
    For me so far

Pots: Knight

Expected to have been good and have been: Horgan, McCleary, Grimmer, Stewart, Wheeler

Surprisingly good with average expectations: JJ, Rocky, Thompson, Adeniran, Kashket

Underwhelming: Fred, Bayo, McCarthy, Gape

I could pretty much go with this appraisal. Might have Wheeler in group B rather than A and create a third category above the Underwhelming group for Kashket, who needs to put take more of these chances at present.

Wheeler is a strange one, because in his actual position he hasn't offered that much attacking wise, so I'd agree, but he's done a really good job filling in all over the place in the last few games. (He's also one of my favourite players so that helps his rating)

I'm very OK with that kind of unspecified favouritism! I kind of have that feeling about the whole team this season since they became competitive in a league in which I initially thought they'd lose by at least four goals every week. It's wearing off, but every time we don't concede in the first ten minutes and instead look competent - pretty much every game now - I am in awe! If Scott had taken that early chance on Saturday, I think I might have exploded.

• They’ve been far more competitive than I expected yet are still no better placed than I expected. I’m sure that’s a pretty widespread frustration.

• Im struggling to choose between Rocky, Grimmer, Knight, Tools, Thompson & JJ - but if pushed would stick to that order.

Rocky has had a super season so far, kept us in games and far exceeded the expectations and abuse levelled at him

Grimmer has grown and grown by the game and I feel the whole backline would be unbalanced without him

Knight has been great - as one would expect from a 23 yr old PL loanee, but he stepped in and made that CB position his

Tools - has carried on from the play off final and just got better and better, we have really missed him recently, hope he is back soon

Thompson - a revelation at DM and another who we have been poorer without showing how important he is to the team and us doing well &

JJ - is JJ, he too has improved despite being more exposed than in L1 he has risen to the occassion

• The word "abuse" is hugely devalued when used inaccurately like this

• Quite agree @eric_plant and I was also wondering how he’d managed to exceed ‘the abuse levelled at him’ .

• @bookertease said:
    I think we’re 4 wins short of what we probably should have got: Rotherham, Watford, Preston & QPR. That would have been an extra 10 points that I don’t think unduly flatters our performances.

Ifs and buts I know but this is how I mentally calculate the answer to the ‘how do you expect us to get x more pints when we’ve only won 2 games out of 20

Agreed and don’t forget Norwich, should have had a point there. We’ll do better in the second half of the season.

• Hogan for Me Consistent Performer. A really good signing

• Not heard of him !!

• @micra said:
    Not heard of him !!

Signed from Dundee?

• Dundalk would be closer !!

• If the club held an official vote tomorrow I’d vote for Freeman.

• Not had a bad game has he?