Skip to content

Match day thread: Bournemouth

Comments

• @Malone said:
    Am sure one of those kids in the crowd is screaming come on Wycombe.

Heard this too. Assumed it was a women who's sat with the Wycombe directors?

• Solid defensively and a couple of half chances against the league's form team. Ill take that. Fingers crossed we can keep it up second half. I could have sworn I heard the famed screaming lady shouting come on wyyyycombe!!!

• Given Bournemouth's recent record I wasn't expecting an easy watch @JohnBoy were you?

• To be fair I'm enjoying this, we are defending well if a little last ditch at times, looking reasonably organised, Rocky & Knight especially have had a good half and they are getting riled

• First 20 minutes I thought it was going to be a case of how many but we're playing really well since then. McCleary looks dangerous every time he gets the ball.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Given Bournemouth's recent record I wasn't expecting an easy watch @JohnBoy were you?

I was expecting us to be a couple down by now. Would help my heart, for sure! But no, obviously delighted with that.

• That was a good watch. Great stuff from us after those early two chances. Have a feeling it's going to be a tough first 15 mins.

These are the games I looked forward too. Bournemouth look a side packed with good players and we are in amongst them.

• McCleary has been brilliant, that was a lovely cross in to Kashket in particular. But what's really impressed me is the way he's constantly tracked back and tackled. He's getting close to being fully Wycombised, just needs to work on his dark arts skills now ;)

• With a game like this, I just play 'How long can we hold out?'. Brilliant, so far!

• That McCarthy booking, wasn’t that an exact reversal of the the “foul” that led to Coventry’s second goal? How does he come out as the penalised player in both?

• edited December 2020

Can't remember seeing a team look so in a game without having a shot (they've had 13 not very useful ones).

• Have we ever had a player that’s as comfortable is so many different positions as David Wheeler?

• Stinking up the championship here.

• We're gonna win this 1-0 aren't we.

• @floyd said:
    Have we ever had a player that’s as comfortable is so many different positions as David Wheeler?

McCarthy? Right-back, centre-back, midfield, in goal.

• Ref's starting to lose the plot. Getting concerned for the first time tonight

• Yeah, couple of bad decisions from him there, one in our favour, one against. But overall, I think he's been better than recent games.

• This screeching Bournemouth fan right by the mic is doing my nut in.

• @chairboyscentral but every time you see Wheeler you think ‘oh, thats his best position.’ McCarthy does a great job filling in, but he’s clearly filling in.

• My heart leapt.

• Fantastic stuff from McCleary

• Pattison has been outstanding today

• @Bledlow_Blue said:
    Pattison has been outstanding today

Seconded.

• @floyd said:
    @chairboyscentral but every time you see Wheeler you think ‘oh, thats his best position.’ McCarthy does a great job filling in, but he’s clearly filling in.

I totally agree with you, was being ironic.

• @JohnBoy said:

@Bledlow_Blue said:
    Pattison has been outstanding today

Seconded.

Thirded. Great character to recover from Saturday.

• Outstanding foul.

• Such a shame for Pattison that.

• Pattison heard us questioning why he is on the pitch.

• Borderline wasn’t it? Bournemouth’s players certainly took the opportunity presented to them.