Skip to content

Match day thread: Bournemouth

Comments

• Cannot believe Pattinson is playing again
    Cannot believe we are playing in Mango

• Utterly ridiculous about the kit. I saw a match recently (Millwall-QPR) where both teams played in different shades of blue. We are playing a team in red and black!

It's change kit becoming away kit by stealth.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Cannot believe Pattinson is playing again

*Pattison

And it's a shorts clash!

• All this crap about it's the refs decision I think is a ploy.. some of the kit clashes I've seen on Quest have been incredible... I do think it's just the club wanting us to wear a different kit away from home

• @chairboyscentral said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    Cannot believe Pattinson is playing again

*Pattison

And it's a shorts clash!

Fair enough on the spelling, my bad
    As for the shorts that's bollocks

• There’s nothing stopping us producing light blue shorts for these clashes if we really wanted to.

• The only games we've worn it in have been ones where the home team had dark blue or black shorts. It contrasts better anyway.

• @floyd said:
    There’s nothing stopping us producing light blue shorts for these clashes if we really wanted to.

Exactly, I've said this before, I actually think light blue shorts work better with the kit than dark

• Keep their front 3 quiet and they have Josh King to come on.

But then we have Uche who is the key to it all for us. Possibly.

Shame Adeniran seems to have disappeared into the Wycombe injury black hole. Along with Knight and Thompson's return, he helped us go from hapless at the start of the season to competitive.

• I prefer light blue shorts as well, must have been a reason - the whole kit was delayed because O'Neills couldn't work at full capacity due to COVID protocols, could they?

• Tangential question. What kind of wrongun buys 24 cans of an energy drink?

• @drcongo said:
    Tangential question. What kind of wrongun buys 24 cans of an energy drink?

You've seen the Carabao offer?

• Yeah. Every week. And every week I can’t fathom what kind of wrongun that ad is aimed at.

• I'd assumed it was for people who ran football teams so they could have them in the changing rooms

• edited December 2020

I don't think I've ever seen a can of Carabao 'in the flesh'.

• How many fans are allowed at Dean Court? Looks more than 2000

• @bluntphil just broadcast that their squad cost 97 million in transfer fees. We might lose this. I have an alert that bongs like a funeral bell when @Wanderers82 posts...I better turn it down.

• @chairboyscentral they used to have a couple of cherries as a badge I'm sure, will look that up to check as might have made it up.

Always like the fact they have old fans who refuse to call the club anything but Boscombe FC. Certainly used to hear the odd Boscombe chant in the early 2000s.

• I forgot they still had Brooks

• Goodness, they look a notch up on recent opposition.

• Few short freezes on my laptop.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    As long as we don't play the dangerous high line we did against Norwich. Bournemouth are absolutely motoring at the moment, park the bus job needed.

High line it is then ?

• @Wendoverman said:
    I forgot they still had Brooks

Serious player

• @micra said:
    Few short freezes on my laptop.

Don't worry @micra safe to say we didnt have the ball.?

• The replay they've showed there of Simpson injuring himself - he climbed all over Scotty to win the header. How is that not a foul? See it every game it seems and never given. Am I missing something?

• @drcongo said:
    Tangential question. What kind of wrongun buys 24 cans of an energy drink?

I used to work with a guy who was...let's put it kindly..."difficult" to work with.
    The whole team would curse a buyer who got freebies of red bull of which this guy guzzled down to become even more unbearable

• @micra said:
    Few short freezes on my laptop.

Same here.
    Thought it was because I was trying to have the amazon game on an app in the background but even signing out it's been a little glitchy

• @JohnBoy said:
    The replay they've showed there of Simpson injuring himself - he climbed all over Scotty to win the header. How is that not a foul? See it every game it seems and never given. Am I missing something?

Can only assume the ref interpreted it as Kashket backing in

• @JohnBoy said:
    The replay they've showed there of Simpson injuring himself - he climbed all over Scotty to win the header. How is that not a foul? See it every game it seems and never given. Am I missing something?

We see it both ways round. Refs look at Bayo and let a lot go as if it's fair game as he's so strong. But they seem to write a lot off on Kashket as him being too weak and just outstrengthed.

Obviously Kashket goes down too easily at times. But then if I wore shinpads that look to be about 1cm long and goodness knows how thin - I dare say i'd try and ride stuff myself.

• Rocky has looked solid and fair play to Pattison, playing well considering confidence must be low. Can't be easy for a young lad like that to make the error he did and have to play a pivotal role in our toughest game yet.