Skip to content

Match day thread: Huddersfield

Comments

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Alexo said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Anderson in the squad already, interesting

I guess he's not expected to be used.... Maybe a little confidence boost? He has good pedigree to be fair and must be seen as at least equal to Yates? Unless Yates is unexpectedly also now injured?

I realise my comment might have come across a bit negative - but not at all! He's an exciting prospect, just hasn't played any football in 18 months bar a loan game or two recently.

I didn't take it as negative, I took it on face value.... And agree!!! ..... Interesting!

• Stood outside my house having a crafty ciggy. A beige ford Orion with a blowing back box just went past my house. Took me right back to the 90's when my love affair with Wycombe began. I still can't believe where we have ended up. I still pinch myself every time I see Wycombe and the championship associated together. 2020 isn't all bad after all ????????

• @Alexo said:
    Stood outside my house having a crafty ciggy. A beige ford Orion with a blowing back box just went past my house. Took me right back to the 90's when my love affair with Wycombe began. I still can't believe where we have ended up. I still pinch myself every time I see Wycombe and the championship associated together. 2020 isn't all bad after all ????????

As a kid, living on new road, a Friday night trip to the cressex club disco followed by a Saturday at Adams park with hungover parents. Epic ??

• It does look like a line-up arranged to be played 433. Maybe I was a little hasty in reading it its funeral rites over the weekend!

• Exciting to see how the power 3 in midfield work and also how Fred and Kashket combine alongside Bayo.

Saw Charles arriving on the ground on the ifollow preview and slightly comically pushing instead of pulling the door.

But he didn't particularly look injured (not that you can tell for a lot of things) so do we think he's simply not even getting into the 20?!

Maybe his condition makes him either a starter or not worth the risk of being on the bench?

• Good to see Kashket wasn’t seriously injured saturday

• Doh that needed a Kashket first time right footer.

The keeper did excellently after his initial terrible header hash

• Exactly right @Malone . I thought he was favourite to score.

• Dont know if it's just me... but I'm finding this a very frustrating watch at the moment

• Extraordinary effort from the drummer on the hill!

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Dont know if it's just me... but I'm finding this a very frustrating watch at the moment

I agree with you, Huddersfield are there for the taking.

• Even by our standards a huge amount of long ball, mix it up a bit and you fancy us to get some joy against their backing.
    It is just an aerial bombardment at the moment

• They are certainly not dominating.

• I feel like Huddersfield are very edgy and nervous and we’re matching them for some reason

• This is very annoying. Huddersfield look listless in defence but we're not finding the guile to capitalise. Getting it forward is great, but if there's only one man in the box when Fred clips it in, its not much use.

• Both commentators failing to distinguish between Dennis and Fred.

• Indeed we are getting quick balls forward to no-one.

• Long way from commentary position of course,

• Need to switch the wingers, Kashket not much use when he can't cut in - no right foot.

• Fred and kashket seem to be at the back alot defending which is fine but...

• Is Adeniran coming that far forward a feature or a bug?
    Are Fred and Scott canceling each other out?

• Bayo looks knackered - which he did against Birmingham before getting a second wind and causing complete carnage, but this game has come very soon.

• Inches away from xxx connecting?

Did he not just hit the post there!?

• Their goalkeeper needs testing

• @Malone said:
    Inches away from xxx connecting?

I’m glad you said that!

• @Malone said:

Yep. Rocky is a great keeper, but can't deal with crosses

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

I’m glad you said that!

Watched it a couple of times to make sure I hadn't imagined it!

• What exactly does the ref expect Bayo to do there?

• edited November 2020

@floyd said:
    What exactly does the ref expect Bayo to do there?

Never a foul, Bayo won't even have seen the guy career in to the back of his head, looks nasty though, wish him well