Skip to content

Crowds allowed back from 2nd December

Comments

• @Glenactico said:
    Also, the mood music from government seems to suggest that most populated areas will be tier 2 or 3. Like others, I doubt we will see 4,000 at AP until restrictions are loosened again, perhaps from Easter.

If I were betting on it, I’d guess it is more likely the area ends up in tier 3 (if not now then in the new year) with no supporters, than tier 1 with 4,000.

Makes little sense to try and ram as many people in as possible anyway, surely will be a whole list of new rules , one way systems etc, would make sense to try it all out with 1000 or so first.

• @LX1 said:
    What's a 'plaque wall' - must have missed that?

The Wanderers Wall

• edited November 2020

Interested to see if clubs have those disinfecting pods people might have seen at the Northern Ireland game the other week. Was reading some research on them last night and their efficacy is very much in doubt and the WHO strongly advise against them for safety reasons. I'd certainly be very apprehensive about being sprayed with goodness knows what.

• Those pods are absolutely ridiculous. It’s been shown that the vast majority of transmission is airborne aerosolised particles produced by breathing/talking/shouting, as well as the smaller amount by larger particles (cough/sneeze). Only a small, pretty insignificant amount of transmission, is via touching contaminated surfaces.

• edited November 2020

@Quarterman said:
    Those pods are absolutely ridiculous. It’s been shown that the vast majority of transmission is airborne aerosolised particles produced by breathing/talking/shouting, as well as the smaller amount by larger particles (cough/sneeze). Only a small, pretty insignificant amount of transmission, is via touching contaminated surfaces.

Exactly. And what do they think's going to happen once people go in? Are we supposed to just not touch anything? Didn't see them at any of the pilot games in England, although I think theatres have used them.

• Pete Couhig on Sky Sports News saying potentially a pilot event before welcoming back STHs to games.

• Noises that 1,000 will be allowed in to Stoke game next Wednesday.

• edited November 2020

@DJWYC14 said:
    Noises that 1,000 will be allowed in to Stoke game next Wednesday.

Ooh I didn't rush to get my season ticket this season so I'm probably borderline whether i'd get in the first 1000

I expect we'll find out in the next couple of days who made the cut!

• On another note, were Wycombe ever in covid tier 3? I know some localish towns like Slough were, but did Wycombe actually reach that status?

• No, tier 1 but were close to moving up to 2 before the second national lockdown was announced.
    If i was a betting man I'd wager we will be in tier 2.

• @Malone said:

@DJWYC14 said:

Ooh I didn't rush to get my season ticket this season so I'm probably borderline whether i'd get in the first 1000

Will be plenty who can't or won't go.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Malone said:

@DJWYC14 said:

Will be plenty who can't or won't go.

Unfortunately yes that is probably likely.

I just looked back and on 23rd June the club tweeted we'd sold 1,000. I'd renewed on the a few days before so should even be ok for first 1,000.

• I was very early but I wont be going on a cold wednesday night not even if they beg me. (Unless they send a limo)

• I was playing that last ball into the box and I’m pretty sure I would have scored.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I was very early but I wont be going on a cold wednesday night not even if they beg me. (Unless they send a limo)

And miss the prospect of us putting another 0-0 in?

• We’re saving the 4-3 wins until we get at least 2500 in

• @bookertease said:
    We’re saving the 4-3 wins until we get at least 2500 in

Hopefully we're following a pattern of
    Lose most games
    Draw most games
    Win most games.

Roll on phase 3!

• I feel a bit guilty having a season ticket now as I won't be going until a vaccine is available due to underlying health problems.

It's a shame I can't hand my ticket (free of charge) over to someone who can go, but no doubt it would be too difficult for the club to arrange. I suspect I will not be the only STH in this position.

• @mooneyman said:
    I feel a bit guilty having a season ticket now as I won't be going until a vaccine is available due to underlying health problems.

It's a shame I can't hand my ticket (free of charge) over to someone who can go, but no doubt it would be too difficult for the club to arrange. I suspect I will not be the only STH in this position.

No need to feel guilty.
    That's a perfectly reasonable and sensible outlook!

I just wonder if the club will have the time and planning skill to say right, here is the first 1,000 who can get in, we'll email them the invitation to come along.
    And then go down the sign up list accordingly depending on who says no thanks.

That sounds like quite a mission.

• @mooneyman you've put your money up...and only getying 10 quid's worth. They will need the cash from non-ST holders.

• My age and health will prevent me from going to Adams Park until Covid19 is well and truly under control and, like @mooneyman, I’d like to register this with the club in order to enable someone else to get in. Of course, if iFollow coverage is discontinued, I’ll be facing a dilemma.

• They surely won't discontinue ifollow until full crowds are allowed in.
    For one thing no away fans will see their teams for the forseeable unless there's the occasional sky game.

• I’m sure you’re right @Malone. It’s just that I’ve more or less come to terms with the likelihood that there could be unrestricted numbers before the end of the season and that would force me to make a difficult decision. But I’ll cross that bridge when the time comes.

I’ll toddle off now for an early night!

• @micra you should be one of the first in the queue when vaccines are dished out. You might even be in line for the first of two doses before Xmas. I'd say you should pencil in a return to Adams Park from late January.

• It would be great if the ticketco app could send a question for each match to the first 1000, and then each ticket holder can decline or accept.
    Everytime someone declines then the next person in line gets notified and has to accept decline. It cannot be that difficult to do?

• @Commoner I suspect you don't work in IT ! ?

• I think you’re right @aloysius. I am in a strange position. Because I’ve had several episodes in recent seasons of tachycardia on arrival at the ground ((fibrillation with heartbeat 150-170 pm) part of me is so wary about returning that it wishes the iFollow option would continue indefinitely. I think there must be a psychosomatic factor as these episodes only very rarely occur elsewhere!
    Perhaps what my late brother used to call “happy pills” would diminish the anxiety arising from the AP/tachycardia connection.

I need to contact the consultant at Harefield who (ironically) signed me off last December when a change of medication in August appeared to have been successful. To the extent that, until late September (ie for just over a year), I had suffered no recurrences, this seemed to have been the case but a relatively mild and self-resolving episode a couple of weeks ago has made me uneasy.

Apologies to fellow Gasroomers for baring my soul on a forum intended for discussion of football matters but for me and my 52 year relationship with Wycombe Wanderers Football Club I am facing some very difficult decisions. In this respect I’m sure I am far from alone.

• @micra best wishes to you and your ticker. Take no risks. Rest assured i think ifollow will be an option for most if not the whole season!

• No need to apologize @micra. I should think a lot of gasroomers are in the same boat.

• I am in a similar position Micra. Oesophageal cancer survivor but low immune system. So I really hope iFollow will remain until I get the magic vaccine. Take care.