Skip to content

Horgan v England

The BBC having a chat with Daryl in preparation for the England game ://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54888360

Comments

• Unintentional emoji in there haha.

• Daryl starts tonight for ROI.

• I’m assuming this is the first time a current Wycombe player has started an international against England?

• Has that been confirmed yet? The Times had him down as probable - and playing on both wings at the same time.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Has that been confirmed yet? The Times had him down as probable - and playing on both wings at the same time.

Well he is good.

• Shame "We all dream of a team of Horgans" doesn't fit the tune

• Horgan starts.

First England game I’ve watched in years!

• Great news

• This year gets more surreal each week...
    Conversation just now: “didn’t think you were that worried about watching England games?” “I’m not but one of Wycombe’s players is playing tonight.”

• Each to their own but I'm always surprised when fellow Wycombe fans don't bother with England games

I love international football, especially the big tournaments. A constant thread running from childhood all the way through to the current day

• Good that Daryl can experience Wembley like his team mates did so recently

• I'm cheering for Horgan tonight. Couldn't give a toss about England.

• Actually, it's more than that. The idea of standing in amongst thousands of gammons singing songs about the IRA, god saving the queen and Britannia ruling the waves turns my stomach.

• Playing well so far!

• @eric_plant said:
    Each to their own but I'm always surprised when fellow Wycombe fans don't bother with England games

We're not all English.

• Ireland in Horseshoe of Crap mode despite being 2-0 down. Get it to Horgan!

• Horgan's been Ireland's best player so far, though it's a low bar.

• Horgan's been great, but Jack Grealish never fails to excite. Hell of a player.

Horgan's been great, but Jack Grealish never fails to excite. Hell of a player.

I have no idea why a top PL club has not given Villa a blank check yet.

• Horgan's played well. What little attacking threat Ireland have had, has pretty much entirely come through him. Some good crosses and quick, accurate passing

• @Shev said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Only a matter of time

• @Shev said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Him turning up in photos face down in a Tenerife gutter put some off but he'll get there.

Calvert Lewin has really come on well over the last couple of years too

Over to the Scots game now

• Spot on @Wycombe85. Good job he can play just as well on the left (as he did against Nottingham Forest*) now that Gmac will be pushing for the right wing berth.

Talking of Forest, Ireland right back, Christie, must have been up against Horgan on Saturday ?

• Turning it off now he’s been subbed. Unless Bayo is on the bench for England?

• @micra Yeah, he set up Forest's first goal

• edited November 2020

Over to the Norn Iron game then

• Scots lost their lead just after bringing on that Paterson clown who kept kicking our players last week

• Scotland will be in our group if they qualify, but it would still be amusing to see them chuck this.

Scotland will be in our group if they qualify, but it would still be amusing to see them chuck this.

Do not understand why the commentators on ITV were saying it was "fantastic news" when Scotland were ahead. Could you imagine them saying that about us??

• @thecatwwfc said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Scotland will be in our group if they qualify, but it would still be amusing to see them chuck this.

Do not understand why the commentators on ITV were saying it was "fantastic news" when Scotland were ahead. Could you imagine them saying that about us??

Exactly