Skip to content

Match day thread: Nottingham Forest

Comments

• And he’s not a hold up player

• Wasn't Wheeler one of those taken off knackered recently too?

• So wheeler off for Bayo?

• If bayo too tired alex Samuel is a great hold up option

• Forest are a good team, they won't be down the bottom for long. But we've competed, that just makes the goal we've given away even more frustrating. We look good on the ball though. If this game was a month ago Forest would be out of site by now.

Wheeler's barely had the ball, you almost wonder if Uche was a late scratch.

• Need Bayo on without any shadow of doubt.

He can have 2 weeks rest after today!

• I can’t imagine that Wheeler would be in ahead of Samuel in this role again.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Both playing quite well though @chairboyscentral its a tricky one

Yeah, they are. In Dobbo we trust!

• Bayo in the team makes a lot of other players play better.
    Feel a bit sorry for Samuel as he very rarely gets to play with him, but he'd surely see the benefit too.

• edited November 2020

Only 1-0 and we've looked good enough to level this with a few tweaks. Wheeler looks like a fish out of water and JJ getting horribly exposed. Predictable stuff from Allsop though.

• Wheeler up top isn't working at all.... Allsop stuck on his line again ffs... looked good until the goal

• Wheeler hasn't been effective there today, but he was at Norwich

• When is Uche “Sick-Note” Ikpeazu going to start earning his wage ?

• edited November 2020

• I think Uche is injured

• @chairboyscentral said:
    He's not injured...

Thought Phil said he was

• Oh, sounded like he wasn't from what Matt said on Chairboys Live

• Good on the ball in midfield but couldn’t make the breakthrough when we were on top. Mehmeti excellent on the ball, but without a proper target in the box we are struggling. Wheeler has barely won a header against the 4 beanpole defenders.

In fact we look like we’re lacking height all over. Set pieces are making me nervous and Rocky/Knight don’t do anywhere near enough with the back post cross.

I’d like to see Kashkett play on the shoulder of the last defender a bit more. Someone is going to need to provide the goal threat and I think there is enough in midfield to provide the build up play. He needs to be looking to get in behind when Fred, Mehmeti and Horgan are on the ball.

Thompson absolutely brilliant again.

• Even if he is injured, I've never understood the need to use that as a dig at players. Stewart, Thompson and Kashket have probably all been accused of being "sick note" in the past - and look at them now. Truth is, we don't know the details so can't judge.

He's not injured...

Don't start rumour hounding here!

If he's not injured something is very odd.

• @kiscokid said:
    Also two players on the left who didn’t shut down Christie. Not all Allsop.
    Parry claiming not much to worry about. I worry whenever Lyle Taylor plays against us ....

He knew he couldn't reach it - why would you try if you can't. Not his fault again

• We are still in this...looking forward to second half

Even if he is injured, I've never understood the need to use that as a dig at players. Stewart, Thompson and Kashket have probably all been accused of being "sick note" in the past - and look at them now. Truth is, we don't know the details so can't judge.

If it's a player who is massively whole hearted, it's an even more bizarre dig isn't it.

It's only a valid criticism if it's a player constantly getting injured through unprofessionalism, which is surely isn't with our guys.

But it is frustrating when you make "Big" signings like Uche, and it's 2months in and he's been near the pitch twice.

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    He's not injured...

Don't start rumour hounding here!

If he's not injured something is very odd.

Yeah, Alan has just confirmed he turned an ankle in training. It sounded from what Matt was saying like he'd still be ok for international duty, but I guess we'll see.

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Even if he is injured, I've never understood the need to use that as a dig at players. Stewart, Thompson and Kashket have probably all been accused of being "sick note" in the past - and look at them now. Truth is, we don't know the details so can't judge.

If it's a player who is massively whole hearted, it's an even more bizarre dig isn't it.

It's only a valid criticism if it's a player constantly getting injured through unprofessionalism, which is surely isn't with our guys.

But it is frustrating when you make "Big" signings like Uche, and it's 2months in and he's been near the pitch twice.

It's definitely frustrating, but you have to feel for him.

• If he ends up playing twice on international break, that'd be bizarre.
    But it'd be a good way for him to actually get some pitch time.

• Unless we're trying to keep him from going away...? ?

• Bayo and McLeary coming on.

• @floyd said:
    Bayo and McLeary coming on.

Excited. Game changers.

• Surprised we havent chased more of the back passes down...Samba looked dodgy when scotty ran at him.