Skip to content

Scott Kashket

2»

Comments

• L> @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

It’s extraordinary that we did not have a single player even rumoured to be linked with another team in the summer. Teams that finished below us in the league sold players for good money. And now I look at the past few performances and think million, 2 million, might get 3 for him etc etc.

I remember saying on here a matter of months after Scotty Kashket joined that he was a player who had the potential to make the club a million or more. Then of course he succumbed to what was thought at the time to be an ongoing (chronic) condition. There also appeared to be a significant psychological element. I really thought at the time that, very sadly, we were unlikely to see again the Scotty who “scored goals for fun”. And that was in League 2. How wrong I was and how glad I am that patience and sensitive handling of the situation by the club plus the patience and determination of Scotty himself have combined to produce a striker who looks the part in the Championship.

• Scott is having a really good season, great to see him back on form (I was worried for while) and he is our most natural goal scorer.

• You only have to look at the fees Brentford have trousered once they became established at this level.

However, I hope we enjoy Kashket for a lot longer.

• @micra said:
    L> @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

It’s extraordinary that we did not have a single player even rumoured to be linked with another team in the summer. Teams that finished below us in the league sold players for good money. And now I look at the past few performances and think million, 2 million, might get 3 for him etc etc.

I remember saying on here a matter of months after Scotty Kashket joined that he was a player who had the potential to make the club a million or more. Then of course he succumbed to what was thought at the time to be an ongoing (chronic) condition. There also appeared to be a significant psychological element. I really thought at the time that, very sadly, we were unlikely to see again the Scotty who “scored goals for fun”. And that was in League 2. How wrong I was and how glad I am that patience and sensitive handling of the situation by the club plus the patience and determination of Scotty himself have combined to produce a striker who looks the part in the Championship.

I'll throw in in passing that it was Scott himself who told me that the hip issue was a chronic one - at the Carlisle game five (I think) seasons ago.

• There was certainly a long period where it seemed hard to imagine he could sustain a long career.
    Wonder if the hip would be what prevents a big move? He'll have to score his 20 a season here for the next decade.

• I think I remember your encounter @HCblue. It was either you or @ValleyWanderer (both of you very tall) who commented on how tiny he was. Hard to believe that he was only 20 at the time. He actually joined in September 2016.

• Oh, and his contract expires in 2022.