Skip to content

Uche called up by Uganda

For their 2021 AFCON qualifiers v South Sudan next month

Comments

• I suppose we should be pleased for him, but that's not really what we wanted just as he's getting back to fitness.

• It's about a 20-hour round-trip as well

• Aaand the stadium where they'll play the home game has a plastic pitch

• I know it’s an honour to play for your country but he is only just getting back to full fitness. Surely he would be better staying and getting full fitness here.

• At least we've got another four games between now and then

• You never know, it could be the making of him as a confident goalscorer. Just me being positive.

• The guy back row, 2nd from the right, looks a bit of a unit...

• At least this season we don't play in the international window.
    Last season we would just have lost him for two games.

A couple of extra games to get his fitness 100% could help us. Clearly, as long as our bad luck with injuries doesn't continue.

• Thankfully he will only miss the Forest game next month but will miss at least two further games in March, subject to being in the squad.

Uganda should qualify from their group for the African Cup of Nations in Jan/Feb 2022. If they do and he is in the squad then he’s likely to be away for at least four weeks and possibly up to seven if they get to the last four.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    The guy back row, 2nd from the right, looks a bit of a unit...

I believe that is 32 year old defensive midfielder Mawanda Wasswa, the third most capped Ugandan footballer of all time. He is a former Ethiopian Premier League winner with Saint George and currently plays for Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. He’s also played for clubs in Iraq, Turkey, Vietnam, South Africa and Egypt.

• @wwfcblue said:
    Thankfully he will only miss the Forest game next month but will miss at least two further games in March, subject to being in the squad.

Uganda should qualify from their group for the African Cup of Nations in Jan/Feb 2022. If they do and he is in the squad then he’s likely to be away for at least four weeks and possibly up to seven if they get to the last four.

He won't miss any games, international break starts after Forest.

• I just hope he comes out unscathed. The thing about South Sudan is you know what you are going to get with them, and though Uganda play the right way, the result is not guaranteed. I would not want to watch them every week, but credit to South Sudan, they get results.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@wwfcblue said:
    Thankfully he will only miss the Forest game next month but will miss at least two further games in March, subject to being in the squad.

He won't miss any games, international break starts after Forest.

I very much doubt he will be available to us as the Uganda game kicks off at lunchtime on the Monday.

No direct flights to Kampala and the earliest he would arrive would be around 4am at the team hotel, 8 hours before the game after a potential 14 hour flight on the Sunday.

• @wwfcblue It's on the Wednesday

• I can see the times have been rearranged. The game was originally on the Monday

• Uche has now withdrawn. A shame for him but seems sensible in the circumstances. Now let's get him fit for Brentford.

• Just get him fit at some point. No need to rush him back as he does seem to be going through a dodgy spell at the moment.

• Talking of Brentford, at least we won’t have to upstage Arsenal and keep Ollie Watkins (the £28 million guy) at bay. Just Ivan the Posh (as was)!

• Don't worry, Toney's well on his way to being worth £28 million +.

• Disappointed for Uche, but it’s good news for us.

• Not really good news for us. I just hope it's not serious as he has a history of ankle problems.

• Good news that he doesn’t have to travel to South Sudan and play twice before our next league game.

• I guess, but we don't know if he'll be fit for the next league game. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

• @floyd said:
    Good news that he doesn’t have to travel to South Sudan and play twice before our next league game.

On a 3G pitch.

• It is incredible to me in this current pandemic I'm not allowed to travel a few miles to Cardiff but someone can travel to South Sudan for a football match.
    I am pretty sure I'm more likely to catch the virus at all points from here to Cardiff than in South Sudan but it is still amazing to think it might be ok

• The point stands, but he wouldn't have been going to South Sudan - Uganda and Kenya.

• You are allowed to travel for work (if you can't do that work from home.)

The point stands, but he wouldn't have been going to South Sudan - Uganda and Kenya.

You’re quite right, I hadn’t spotted that. BSSK!

• Hopefully he can use these two weeks productively and get fit. Clearly one of our ' bigger' signings , so would be good to see if he can produce the goods because its pretty obvious Ainsworth does not fancy Parker as a target man. Not sure he fancies him at all.

The point stands, but he wouldn't have been going to South Sudan - Uganda and Kenya.

So happy to have you back posting. Your corrections make me a better, more knowledgable person