Skip to content

Match day thread: Millwall

Comments

• @drcongo - obviously you don’t think my comments or opinions are constructive. Just because they differ from yours , doesn’t mean they are not valid.

• @davecz said:
    @drcongo - obviously you don’t think my comments or opinions are constructive. Just because they differ from yours , doesn’t mean they are not valid.

100% agree , some of the people on here go mental if your not always positive....some people need to understand we all have options ams should not be shot down when it differs to theirs

• @davecz said:
    @drcongo - obviously you don’t think my comments or opinions are constructive. Just because they differ from yours , doesn’t mean they are not valid.

Not because they differ, because they’re idiotic.

• @drcongo said:

@davecz said:

Not because they differ, because they’re idiotic.

your idiotic you cyber bully

• First cyber bully of the new season! Huzzah! Its been a long time.

• @drcongo - I am interested in your views . What comments of mine do you find idiotic ? I’m keen to debate .

• @davecz said:
    @drcongo - I am interested in your views . What comments of mine do you find idiotic ? I’m keen to debate .

You ignored my comments to your posts earlier so I don't think you are that keen to debate.

You said we don't look lije scoring with Samuel on the pitch. We quite literally did that this afternoon.

• (pins medals on) When I started watching Wycombe in the Jim Kelman days I would never have believed that we would be where we are now.

I'd have never believed that I would double in weight either but that's another story....

• @Right_in_the_Middle - did Samuel have anything to do with the goal we scored? Did Samuel look like he was going to score this afternoon.? Do you think Samuel will score many for us this season ? I admire his work rate and his determination but he will not score more than a handful if that. Debate.

• Better performance today...and that was a goal!

• Whe> @davecz said:

@Right_in_the_Middle - did Samuel have anything to do with the goal we scored? Did Samuel look like he was going to score this afternoon.? Do you think Samuel will score many for us this season ? I admire his work rate and his determination but he will not score more than a handful if that. Debate.

So so dull

• Awful thread.

• Onto Reading then. The team I'd play would be:
    Allsop GK
    Grimmer RB
    Stewart CB
    Knight / Charles CB
    Jacobson LB
    Onyedima RM
    Thompson CM
    Adeniran CM
    Horgan LM
    Kashket ST
    Akinfenwa ST

We really need our injured players back. We the need depth especially given that the games will come thick and fast especially post this Tuesday. I'm very happy for Mehmeti, looks like a real jewel at the age of 19. COYB!

• Mehmeti's chipped pass to Kashket late on was a thing of beauty.

• Millwall fan here with a connection to the wanderers. Grew up in Bucks and my first ever season ticket was with Wycombe through the kids football i played growing up, so that combined with a number of wanderers mates means I've always kept an eye on Wycombe and normally get down to a game or two a season to catch up with old pals.

Funny game today really - I never felt comfortable even though I think the second half demonstrated that we have a couple of players that are a bit of a level above those you'd have faced in league one (Jed Wallace and Ryan Woods in particular), but never felt Wycombe were out of it. Also a far better game than I had expected what with two team famed for being direct and defensive.

The disallowed goal was clearly, obviously and embarrassingly wrong from the Lino and should have stood. Far from the only ropey bit of refereeing though - think we had a pretty decent shout for a penalty first half when Stewart got the wrong side of bradshaw and brought him down.

Overall as a comment on Wycombe though - Luton and Barnsley were both dead and buried at points last season and both survived after tightening up over the winter and earning the right to play a bit. I wouldn't be too disheartened by the start as the step-up from Lg1 to Champ is huge these days and it takes time to adjust. There will be players getting time in this league who will be playing international football within a couple of years (although none of ours will!) - you just don't face that quality regularly in league one.

If Ainsworth can get you guys a bit more competitive in the middle of the pitch I reckon your defence is good enough to give you a chance, and Jacobsen will create and score goals, and I think Samuel looks a really decent player. Hope Fred comes good for you but I've always felt he had the physical attributes but can't impose himself against technically good defenders like he can against the cloggers below.

Once that first win comes and a couple of players get off the mark things will improve substantially. There's also nearly always at least one team that the wheels completely come off in this league - with Weds already adrift due to the deduction I reckon surival is absolutely doable as long as you don't get too adrift too quickly.

No idea what we're aiming for this season. Got some real quality in the side but no depth which will prob be our undoing.

Good luck for the season, hope you guys stay up and some of the non-entity sides like QPR and Reading drop instead.

• @eric_plant - Sorry I thought fans forums were for fans to express their views, comments, opinions on their team and players. You clearly just want to in your own inimitable style insult people. Clearly you don’t have your opinions.

• @davecz said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle - did Samuel have anything to do with the goal we scored? Did Samuel look like he was going to score this afternoon.? Do you think Samuel will score many for us this season ? I admire his work rate and his determination but he will not score more than a handful if that. Debate.

'Seems a strange decision as we don’t look like scoring certainly with Samuel upfront.'

This was your original comment. Today we scored with the excellently harding working target man Alex Samuel up front. You've now changed your tune. Debate that

• You don't have to have much about you to see what Samuel brings to the team.

• @Right_in_the_Middle - we scored with no involvement from Samuel. Totally agree he is hardworking but interested in your views as to whether he will score for us or create chances for other players.

• Kashket has been our only goal threat this season

• I'd say Jacobson too.

• @drcongo - very quiet . You have a go and when asked to explain , it all goes very silent.

• edited October 2020

@thedieharder said:
    Kashket has been our only goal threat this season

Horgan too - he's had better chances than Kashket.

• @davecz probably the good doctor has better things to do at 10 on Saturday night.

• @davecz said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle - we scored with no involvement from Samuel. Totally agree he is hardworking but interested in your views as to whether he will score for us or create chances for other players.

Yes he will score and yes he will create chances for others. He's a decent player who has played a major part in our current place in the Championship.

Still backtracking on your initial comment?

• @chairboyscentral said:

@thedieharder said:

Where is Horgan's best position in our system? I want to see more of him and Fred on the ball.

• edited October 2020

I think we have to switch to a 451 against Reading - it's the only way of protecting the full backs without giving up on the battle in the centre of the pitch. To my mind that means we can only accommodate two of Wheeler, Horgan and Fred with Thompson, Adeniran and Gape/Bloomfield/Knight in the middle. Unless of course we played Fred as the lone striker up front until Ikpeazu's fit enough to start.

• @Right_in_the_Middle . I’m happy you think you think he will score but I have to disagree. He seems a genuinely nice guy but not up to the Championship . Backtracking no.

• Just watching the wycombe goal on Quest and Dean Ashton pointed out that kashket was holding the keepers glove...looks like he actually was but not sure how the ref has seen that!

Will be interesting when Uche or Bay start in the future. We are set up to be direct, hence signing Uche. Our gameplan is pretty ineffective if thats how we have set up to play.

I admire our spirit so much, but its not going to keep us up in this division alone. Thought we deserved a point today. If we catch a few teams on off days and play like that, we will pick up points I am sure.

• edited October 2020

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@thedieharder said:

Where is Horgan's best position in our system? I want to see more of him and Fred on the ball.

Not sure really - probably on the right as he is naturally left-footed, even though he's strong with both feet. Had most of his luck for Ireland the other night when he was cutting in from that flank.