Skip to content

Woodland Lounge

Comments

• @Doober48 said:
    Maybe the club could invest in some golf buggies or a like to ferry the less mobile supporters down from the top car park

Is there a lift in the Woodlands somewhere?
    Otherwise that's probably not easy to reach for some fans in itself?

• There is indeed a lift @Malone. I use it.

• To be fair I probably wasn’t going to renew anyway this season.

The season ticket going from 352 (early bird) last season to 494 meant that if I didn’t renew it was pretty much the same cost year on year.

Caledonian suite is fine, as is the fan village. It was just nice to have a beer with a guaranteed seat watching it he players warm up with a good view of the footy on TV.

Best of luck to the club with the increased revenue.

• Anyone else paid for a season ticket but not actually had the ticket or have it show up as a ticket on the club system?

Seems just me at the moment and the club have gone very quiet on how to fix it at the moment. As it stands I am £500 down since mid June.with no access to iFollow passes and my Trust Founder status in doubt.

Not at impressed at the moment

• I’ve nothing tangible @Right_in_the_Middle but £437 went out of my Barclaycard account on 20 June (to Theatrical tickets) and I received an email from the club before the Rotherham game quoting a promotion code enabling me to watch it for free. I am a life member of the Trust but I don’t recall ever having had anything in writing to confirm it.

• So, @perfidious_albion, is it a good move for the club to p**** off the long standing supporters, who have supported the club no matter which division we're in, or do you and perhaps @Glenactico think those wealthy local business owners can be relied on if or when we're back in tier 3? By all means make the most of financial opportunities but just give some thought to those that helped and supported the club to get where it is today.

• Great idea. I'm sure that would be ideal as we are so often compared to what other clubs charge/offer I'm keen to know which other clubs offer a taxi/buggy service FOC to the ground. It would be good to know how we compare.

Realistically we are changing things for the benefit and progression for the club, like any change, in any customer facing business, this will trigger greater reactions from certain customers. I'm am sorry if you are affected by this. Trust me as a long term plan, managed in the most uncertain of times, this will benefit the club.

• You either run the club in a professional manner and maximise income or you run it as a "gentleman's club". Unfortunately you can't have both nowadays. It is a similar situation with those village pubs that have generally only survived by diversifying. When I moved to our village 30 years ago we had 4 pubs, now only one exists and that is predominantly a restaurant.

To be fair, Rob Couhig in his initial public meetings prior to the vote clearly said that in order to make the club sustainable, changes would need to be made that would not be popular with every supporter.

• Regarding the suggestion about buggy lifts for supporters with mobility problems, I think @Doober48 had in mind the rather hazardous slope/steps down to the lower car park rather than free lifts to the ground. My initial reaction was that it sounded like a good idea but, on reflection, I am sure the practicalities and health & safety considerations (eg the narrow sloping contra flow effect at the entrance to the car park) make it a non-starter.

• The centre spot, scores, monty's .......I can't keep up.
    ....it's why I don't like the new pound coin.......I fear change.

• I do however like the idea of £5 entry to the Vere with a free drink token. Keep the number of non imbibing kids down and fill with paying punters instead. Hopefully it'll put the family off that decide to sit in the middle of the dance floor in the Vere every Saturday.

• On the other hand, a buggy from Roofline car park to the ground would suit me very well ! I jest, of course.

• I'm waiting for the cable car access from downley...

• Keep up @Ozzie_the_Relaxed . You omitted the Vere/Caledonian switch. You are spot on about the £5 for a drink voucher of course. The Vere is a hell hole for doddery oldies and kids (lovely as they are !?) sitting in the middle of a crowded, heaving floor are a potential hazard.
    I don’t mean doddery kids BTW.

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    I do however like the idea of £5 entry to the Vere with a free drink token. Keep the number of non imbibing kids down and fill with paying punters instead. Hopefully it'll put the family off that decide to sit in the middle of the dance floor in the Vere every Saturday.

Absolutely agree with this !

• Was confused once when arranging to meet a workmate down the ground he said "see you in the Caledonian."

• Some great stuff here. The last thing we need is kids coming to games and having a good time

• Does anyone know the history of why it’s called the Caledonian? Seems odd we didn’t name it after a former player.

• @micra said:
    Keep up @Ozzie_the_Relaxed . You omitted the Vere/Caledonian switch. You are spot on about the £5 for a drink voucher of course. The Vere is a hell hole for doddery oldies and kids (lovely as they are !?) sitting in the middle of a crowded, heaving floor are a potential hazard.

There is no doubt the Vere/Caledonian could do with a bit of a spruce up and a few extra seats for us oldies. It I sm agnostic as to whether or not they charge

• @North_of_the_Border said:

@micra said:
    Keep up @Ozzie_the_Relaxed . You omitted the Vere/Caledonian switch. You are spot on about the £5 for a drink voucher of course. The Vere is a hell hole for doddery oldies and kids (lovely as they are !?) sitting in the middle of a crowded, heaving floor are a potential hazard.

There is no doubt the Vere/Caledonian could do with a bit of a spruce up and a few extra seats for us oldies I am agnostic as to whether they charge for a beer voucher or not

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Does anyone know the history of why it’s called the Caledonian? Seems odd we didn’t name it after a former player.

Brewery sponsor

• I can see how you'll have to pay more for a nice area with enough seats to have a beer when the Vere is overrun and queues go back past the club shop, if fans aren't allowed back in good numbers any time soon though this may be a debate that doesn't yet need to happen.

• Not sure how extensive the increased area planned for the Chairboys Village will be but I can imagine a pretty large marquee will be involved.

@eric_plant said:
    Some great stuff here. The last thing we need is kids coming to games and having a good time.

Exactly Eric.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    I can see how you'll have to pay more for a nice area with enough seats to have a beer when the Vere is overrun and queues go back past the club shop, if fans aren't allowed back in good numbers any time soon though this may be a debate that doesn't yet need to happen.

I think it does. Recent experience suggests that the longer the club have to devise schemes for increasing income and for consulting/communicating with supporters, the better. They have minuscule staff numbers compared with other Championship clubs and the pressure on them must be immense.

• It's a bar.. if you went to your local pub and you couldn't get in or at least get a seat because it was full of kids playing whilst their parents sipped on half a coke or a coffee would you be happy ?

• @eric_plant said:
    Some great stuff here. The last thing we need is kids coming to games and having a good time

Imagine getting so pissed on two pints from 12 -3 that you can’t see a bunch of kids sat on the floor, all decked out in expensive Wycombe kits, drinking cokes and scoffing food, while their Dads or Mums talk about the sponsors dinner, Trust membership or little Johnny being a mascot for the third time in as many years.

The Caledonian Suite, not pub, is for everyone, young or old.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    It's a bar.. if you went to your local pub and you couldn't get in or at least get a seat because it was full of kids playing whilst their parents sipped on half a coke or a coffee would you be happy ?

Bit old fashioned there, All kinds of reasons why you need to let people bring their kids, although the deposit thing is sensible if bar space is at a premium. All the outdoor facilities are going to need reinforcing or might not be seen for a while even if they do let us in.

• Irony on here seems to be very much of the flat iron variety. Think I’d better give it up!

• @mooneyman Sorry, but I don't agree with your village pub analogy, the reason pubs have gone out of business is lack of demand, which is why many changed their business model from being a pub to being a restaurant. For WWFC there's no lack of demand. Increasing prices is an attempt to cash in on the perceived increased demand from being in tier 2. I just don't think it's a good idea to risk driving away your core customers for the benefit of 'new' customers who will likely not be interested when or if we go back to tier 3. It seems very short sighted to me.

• Is it just me, or does it seem a bit odd this is all coming out now, when we're likely not to actually get into games this season, and have the chance of not being in this division by the time we do get back in?