Skip to content

Rotherham game - How do season ticket holders watch on I follow?

Comments

• The question is - does using an ifollow code negate the option of a refund. Needs clarification really.

• You'd only put the code in just before cranking the game up wouldn't you?

You surely lose the refund if you use the pass! Unless you mean getting a refund of the ifollow pass price versus the pro rata part of your season ticket? (About £12 for frank adams stand adults)

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    The link to the basic pass gives a 404 error.

I have an account it seems but it shows no subscription.

I’m not sure I’ve grasped what is required or how to do it.

I only joined ifollow last week so it's all new to me. I followed the instructions that were attached to the email and it seemed to work...(famous last words)...anyone know if you can make it go on your telly or will I have to make do with laptop?

• My email arrived this afternoon, it's rather a long code reference

• @wformation said:
    My email arrived this afternoon, it's rather a long code reference

cut and paste I think the young people call it @wformation

• From past experience with ifollow, I’ll be entering that code ASAP. Atrocious interface with terrible comms.

• @Wendoverman, have you tried using an hdmi cable to connect laptop/pc to the TV.

Alternatively if you have a Chromecast device connected to your TV you could also use the option from within the Chrome browser on the laptop/pc to cast the desktop to the Chromecast.

Both methods should work, details can be found online.

• @Twizz said:
    @Wendoverman, have you tried using an hdmi cable to connect laptop/pc to the TV.

Alternatively if you have a Chromecast device connected to your TV you could also use the option from within the Chrome browser on the laptop/pc to cast the desktop to the Chromecast.

Laptop to TV via HDMI has always worked best for me.

• Email arrived!?

• PM has just announced a review of the intention to return audiences to stadiums from Oct 1. "That doesn't mean we're going to scrap the programme entirely it just means we are going to review and abridge it." There'll be more detail in the coming hours /days.

• @aloysius said:
    PM has just announced a review of the intention to return audiences to stadiums from Oct 1. "That doesn't mean we're going to scrap the programme entirely it just means we are going to review and abridge it." There'll be more detail in the coming hours /days.

"We haven't decided yet or engaged in any real research but want to look like we are taking some tough action, our friends will be looked after"

• My email has arrived with 2x codes attached.
    I have only 1 season ticket but my son also has 1 that he buys himself using his own TicketCo account. He's 31 now so this has been the case for some time.
    He hasn't had an email today.

This suggests that the club is using an out of date database to link names and emails rather than the email you might have used to register and buy your season ticket through TicketCo.

That's not going to cause any confusion is it?

• @Twizz My son bought his own season ticket for the first time this season and received his code today via an email address the club couldn't have got from an old database. I haven't received an email yet with codes relating to my season tickets.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Twizz said:
    @Wendoverman, have you tried using an hdmi cable to connect laptop/pc to the TV.

Laptop to TV via HDMI has always worked best for me.

Thanks both...that all sounds very exciting. I shall ask our resident young person if she has such a device...

• @aloysius said:
    PM has just announced a review of the intention to return audiences to stadiums from Oct 1. "That doesn't mean we're going to scrap the programme entirely it just means we are going to review and abridge it." There'll be more detail in the coming hours /days.

If we know anything it is that this government, always on the ball on a range of issues, will assess everything and make a swift and informed decision...which will then be explained four different ways by whoever has been wheeled out...and then dropped.

• @aloysius said:

In the meantime, do feel free to pop along to the horse racing. You may even be able to get a socially distanced selfie with Jockey Club fixers, Matt Hancock & Dido ‘track n trace’ Harding.

• @arnos_grove said:

@aloysius said:

In the meantime, do feel free to pop along to the horse racing. You may even be able to get a socially distanced selfie with Jockey Club fixers, Matt Hancock & Dido ‘track n trace’ Harding.

Wash your hands has been the only clear and consistent message from the start. Understandable with some of the company they keep.

• @Sherrinford, I was really only making the point that this could be what has happened.
    Perhaps I should have said "This suggests the club might be ..."
    It wouldn't surprise me if TicketCo can supply names but not the email address of the person buying a season ticket through them. I wasn't trying to imply any kind of blame to either WWFC or TicketCo.

Anyway my son will call tomorrow if no seperate email arrives for him.

• I have received my email this afternoon but am working on Saturday and therefore will be unable to watch the match.

I presume if I click on the reveal code bit, I will be classed as registered to watch the match even though I won’t subsequently be watching it and therefore would be ineligible for a refund in due course but that appears to be unclear at the moment.

All very confusing, the process doesn’t seem clear and I suspect when I look in on the gasroom on Saturday there will be comments re no email from the club, pass code not working, having audio but no picture etc.

Good luck to you all.

• @StrongestTeam said:

Wash your hands has been the only clear and consistent message from the start. Understandable with some of the company they keep.

???

• I am ever so slightly struggling to see how one sets up iFollow on a Win10 PC as both WWFC & EFL websites direct you to either Apple or Google play store

I could download an Android emulator but would rather there was a clear simple and native Win10 method to follow.

Anyone help?

• Please let's not get all political and start arguing again !!

Re the code, is that just for one match or is that my code for the season ?

• Haven’t had mine yet am I the only one?

• Sucking up the price differential of the season ticket v ifollow cost for Saturday is one thing, but for game two at home it's more awkward.

It's on sky and I'm sure i read season ticket holders will get an access pass (whereas non holders won't as sky games won't be available to them on ifollow)
    But if you have sky it's a big chunk to give up (£22 versus £12 for Saturday).

And now Boris is reviewing October games this is the condunrum as we move through the season.

Yes we knew it may pan out like this, but yes we also had the potential refund option.
    While they naturally don't want the admin and loss of funds and where possible we'll soak it up ourselves, they do need to offer out how it works soon!

• edited September 2020

Don't put the code in and surely you won;t be logged as watching @DevC . @HolmerBlue interesting one...I assumed we would be getting one for every home game until we are allowed in again...but that sounds like a faff in retrospect.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    I am ever so slightly struggling to see how one sets up iFollow on a Win10 PC as both WWFC & EFL websites direct you to either Apple or Google play store

I could download an Android emulator but would rather there was a clear simple and native Win10 method to follow.

Anyone help?

You can do it all (and watch it) on the website without any app. Follow the purchase link in the email and use the code

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Please let's not get all political and start arguing again !!

Re the code, is that just for one match or is that my code for the season ?

Great question.
    Presumably for security sake it'll be unique every game, and the hope is naturally it won't be that many games it's necessary.

• You'd like to think a refund option will be published soon, I'm willing to suck up most if not all of mine at the moment but people shouldn't have to when it was pretty clearly stated that a refund is available. Might just be an admin thing hopefully.

• Sadly, I am not in a flush position anymore with vastly reduced work opportunities, as such, likewise income. To chop out 3 seats for one IFollow pass isn't an option I can really afford to pass up. So would like some clarity on this before I open up one of the 3 codes, then only to find I have negated an option to a refund?

• A post on the dreaded Facebook group suggests the club are answering email requests confirming how and when you can get a refund if not publicly shouting it from the rooftops