Skip to content

Referee for Play Off games

2»

Comments

• Football is but a stitch in time when considering the history of the universe.but the short answer is yes

• edited July 2020

@Shev said:
    It is entirely possible, and to my mind probable, that Joe Jacobson is the greatest corner taker in the history of the universe.

Sorry to put a dampner on your enthusiasm, but Şükrü Gülesin a Turkish International scored 32 goals direct from corners. Sadly JJ has a few to catch up!

• This is the only version of packing it in I'll be doing any time soon!)

• @mooneyman said:

@Shev said:
    It is entirely possible, and to my mind probable, that Joe Jacobson is the greatest corner taker in the history of the universe.

Sorry to put a dampner on your enthusiasm, but Şükrü Gülesin a Turkish International scored 32 goals direct from corners. Sadly JJ has a few to catch up!

Ah, but have you ever seen Şükrü Gülesin and JJ in the same room at the same time?

• Just reading about him, apparently he was left-footed but scored goals from both corners. Time to step up, JJ!

• @NorsQuarters said:

@Shev said:
    Does anyone have the running tally of JJ corners which either went in, were tapped in from an inch out, or hit the post/required a save? This is getting ridiculous!

Tough to hear commentators like Benjamin Broom saying that JJ "couldn't have meant it to go in."

Do your research!

Did you mean Benjamin Bloom?