Skip to content

Update from Rob Couhig

1235»

Comments

• Apologies for my part encouraging this awful thread, or last couple of pages, clearly if we had £25m of debts someone would happily take that on and chose one of the options above to facilitate that. Nobody would baulk at paying or writing off £25m. The debt would be irrelevant.

• You are the owner of Colchester @StrongestTeam
    You are “owed” £25m
    You are bored of it now
    What do you do now?

How would that differ if you were owed £5m

• @DevC said:
    You are the owner of Colchester @StrongestTeam
    You are “owed” £25m
    You are bored of it now
    What do you do now?

Really? Ok, one last time...

£25m is more than £5m and far closer to the inherent value of a football club of that size.

It is going to be easier to find someone or several people with a spare £5m than a spare (and wholly unrealistic £25m), or with the ability to service some or all of that debt.

More existing owners would be able to write off a portion of £5m than of £25m within a portfolio of investments.

If I had run up debts way above earnings and inherent value I'd have more trouble convincing someone else that they should get involved and could make a go of the business as a going concern.

In the same scenario I would struggle more to attract investment, loans or help if it was imagined that I had been pissing money against a wall for years for my own gratification rather than running a business or community club.

There's others, you know this but you'd rather reframe the question and wouldn't admit if you did agree to most of this so that'll do.

• edited March 2020

Have I understood you correctly that you think a debt free Colchester United is worth somewhere between £15m and £25m? Wow.

but Ok, pick a number you think it’s worth. What do you do if you want out and are owed £25m. What if you are owed £5m?

• Is it just me but if I imagine @DevC’s posts read in Terry Jones’s best Monty Python voice it makes a lot more sense

• @DevC said:
    You are the owner of Colchester @StrongestTeam
    You are “owed” £25m
    You are bored of it now
    What do you do now?

If I was as wealthy as Richard Branson I doubt I would give a monkey's!

• Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?

• No, it's the Spanish Inquisition.

• Are you lot still going on?