Skip to content

Comments

• Looks like an upgrade on Mark Palmer to me.

• That's all nice and clear then. Welcome back Andrew.

• I still can't take this "Worldwide Wycombe Wanderers Phenomenon" seriously. All in good time I guess...

• Free ice creams all round!

• Make sense to have someone with an understanding of sports business now Mark Palmer’s gone. And GA seems to like him. Doesn’t really need a title but I’m assuming he’s the de facto CEO.

• I wonder as Mr Howard was one of the major creditors that WWFC owed, that this role was agreed as part of that deal ????
    Plenty of Ego's banging about now !!

• @ChasHarps said:
    I wonder as Mr Howard was one of the major creditors that WWFC owed, that this role was agreed as part of that deal ????
    Plenty of Ego's banging about now !!

Doubt it has anything to do with ego or monies tbh? Let's be honest, he is/has a brash manner that many dislike, that I doubt can be argued. I just look at his record from when he was with us before, also his history with his own business/sports race team & think we are fortunate to have him back on our staff. If he can negotiate as good as he has done, our future looks bright IMHO.

• Are we sure it’s not Andy Harman?

• As long as it’s not Steve Hayes.

• Very interesting news. I for one welcome it but I have a feeling it will split opinions here going on the comments after his interview on the brilliant ringing the blues.

He may not be the man to give the fans and cuddle and make them feel better but I get the impression his business mind is well tuned in making decisions to “Make the Boat go Faster”.

I said before the vote that I thought Mark Palmer was going to be the man that wouldn’t be afraid to make the tougher decisions while Rob, Pete and Missy did the public relations side of the business. Andrew Howard is the Mark Palmer substitute. And I can’t think of a better person to bring off the bench.

• Wonder why they didn't mention the return of this universally popular figure during the voting process?

• Because mark palmer only left after that happened?

• I wonder why Mark Palmer left?

• We rapidly went downhill (in financial terms) when he left, so I am pleased we have his business acumen on board again.

• Marlowchair really won’t be happy

• I thought Marlowchair was Andrew Howard!

• Are the only investors into Feliciana Ltd, just the Couhigs ????

• @ChasHarps said:
    Are the only investors into Feliciana Ltd, just the Couhigs ????

I'm trying to be positive. :-)

• I blame Trevor Stroud (c. MArlowchair/Nice Carrots)

• @ChasHarps said:

According to Companies House, 100% of the shares in Feliciana EFL Limited are owned by Rob Couhig. Both Rob and Missy are listed as directors.

• For all we know, GA could have insisted on AH return as part of his new contract.

He has always sung his praises.

• Seems positive, They seem serious about both setting up a development team and equipping Ainsworth with a fighting chance in whatever league we end up in, however hard that would be in the championship, lots of scouting and haggling to be done, quite right that they have some experienced help.

• @eric_plant my understanding is that Mark Palmer is an agent who was brought in to find the Couhigs a club to invest in. He had done the deal so it was time to move on.

• Hahahaha I actually laughed after seeing this. The definition of WTF?! Suppose it always adds to the drama with a utterly horrid personality in the building. Guess he couldn’t stop his eco being in the spotlight again.

I’ll give him about six months before the yanks bin him off too.

• The more I think about it, the more pre rehearsed this whole situation seems.

• From one conspiracy to the next.

• @Uncle_T said:

@ChasHarps said:

According to Companies House, 100% of the shares in Feliciana EFL Limited are owned by Rob Couhig. Both Rob and Missy are listed as directors.

It looks to me like the shares in Feliciana EFL Ltd are owned by Feliciana EFL llc (an American company).

link

• @OxfordBlue said:
    From one conspiracy to the next.

It's a long time to the next match...

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    @eric_plant my understanding is that Mark Palmer is an agent who was brought in to find the Couhigs a club to invest in. He had done the deal so it was time to move on.

If you listened to RC’ interview with PC on Ringing the Blues he said him and MP had disagreed on how to do things. So quite simply he just let him go