Skip to content

Couhigs deal not going through ?

Comments

• @PBo said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    I found a really embarrassing Wycombe forum a few years ago from the early noughties, which was supposed to be operated by our firm.

It seemed to have about 3 members talking about finding lads for a scrap at various away games.

I'm going to do some digging and see if I can find it.

Nooooo! Not....not...Section 5! Sir, you risk unleashing hellfire on the planet once more. Let not our “top boys” loose unto the world.

Seems its thankfully been scrubbed from the internet.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I agree, I was just trying to explain to Proactive that if he’s not thick skinned, this is probably not the place for him!

I think he did what he came to do.

• @glasshalffull thick skinned? Never!??
    Long may you continue Alan.???

• @eric_plant said:

@peterparrotface said:

@BuckinghamBlue said:

@peterparrotface said:
    I seem to remember someone setting up a rival forum in the mid 2000s? Does that ring any bells with anyone?

The Not606 forum is still going strong if someone wanted to change

I'm sure there was another forum. Vital had one for a bit I think

You're right. Can't remember what it was called but a bloke from Burnham (Burnham Ray?) set it up because he didn't like the Gasroom

Could easily have been a spoof character. There were plenty around in those days

Think that one was actually part of the old WWFC Official site, before the current generic one was set up.

• Silence is getting slightly deafening now.

• Whatever happened to Georgesims who briefly and noisily popped up back in November and then disappeared?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Whatever happened to Georgesims who briefly and noisily popped up back in November and then disappeared?

I think he got a 2 month ban for historic gambling offences

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Whatever happened to Georgesims who briefly and noisily popped up back in November and then disappeared?

He disappeared and Proactive appeared.
    Unrelated I'm sure.

• Section 5? Raised a chuckle, i remember some pics posted of the "firm" (very tongue in cheek) running up and an escalator in the tube, that was it. It was either a really lame attempt at being a proper firm or a very good satirical commentary on modern day (well the 90's at least) society.....

• Remembering the "banner gang" as well, with their little A4 "Sanchez Out" printout.
    Was that Cheltenham away?

• @Malone said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:

He disappeared and Proactive appeared.
    Unrelated I'm sure.

Perhaps he touched a nerve and a remoaner nutted him?

• @Malone said:
    Remembering the "banner gang" as well, with their little A4 "Sanchez Out" printout.

It wasn't an A4 printout, it was an actual banner

• @Malone said:
    Remembering the "banner gang" as well, with their little A4 "Sanchez Out" printout.

We'd all have been saved a lot of heartache if the club had listened to that wise and handsome bunch.

• how's Tory Goon's petition to play a more passing style of football going?

• Still no news anyone?

• I'm sure it's nothing to worry about

• If that is correct, the Trust full ownership era will end no worse than the L1 playoff spots. Kudos to all who contributed!

• Yes I've heard this too so hopefully correct. We do indeed owe the entire Trust our lasting respect and thanks for keeping the club afloat and now beginning to prosper.

• Agreed, all too easy for Chairfolk to slag off Trust board, whilst doing little or nothing to keep things afloat.

• Can't remember the last time I read or heard any criticism of the Trust board to be honest

• @Shev said:
    If that is correct, the Trust full ownership era will end no worse than the L1 playoff spots. Kudos to all who contributed!

Albeit with a little help from our friends - kudos to Couhigs too!

• Would that be Coudos?

• Shoud be @Shev. (Nearly put Shove)

• I love Rob’s definition of ‘cool’! 2 degrees Celsius feeling like minus 3 with the wind chill is raw cold! He has to put a positive spin on it, I suppose, as he did when comparing his recovering medical situation with that of Jack Grimmer.

Where is @Proactive I wonder?

• The key message from that tweet is that "we still have a job to do in ‘protecting the quarter’." For any additional funds put into the club post-sale by Rob Couhig the Trust will need to put in a third as much funding as well in order to maintain the 3:1 (75%:25%) share ownership ratio.

From what I have seen and heard on the Facebook group, this forum, Twitter and in general discussion and comments at matches, it would seem that a significant number, possibly a majority, of supporters think the sale means Rob Couhig will be fully in charge, all expense will be his and all profits/losses his, with the Trust being consigned to history and having no further say in club matters or involvement in funding and exposure to profit/loss of the club. There are others who understand that the Trust will need to keep paying in if the shareholding and influence is to be maintained but wouldn't actually care if the Trust shareholding was to dwindle and Rob Couhig's share was to increase.

I believe it is going to be very difficult, therefore, for the Trust to convince enough supporters to become and remain members and to provide them with the funding, when needed, to contribute to the club in response to anything that Rob Couhig puts in.

• @Uncle_T how much do you think (just as a ball park) the Trust will need to be paying each year to protect the 25%?

• If we lose £1m per year and the decision is to issue shares for that cash injection the Trust would need to find £250k of that.
    Lose £500k that amount is £125k.

Incentive enough to run at a low loss from a Trust standpoint. Different dynamic for the Couhig's?

• The "quarter" won't last more than a year or so, would be my prediction