Skip to content

Couhigs deal not going through ?

Comments

• I seem to remember someone setting up a rival forum in the mid 2000s? Does that ring any bells with anyone?

• The comment is completely in the wrong context and shows a very ignorant and bigoted point of view.

• @Ceefax_Striker said:
    The comment is completely in the wrong context and shows a very ignorant and bigoted point of view.

People have written "awful thread" on quite a few threads...after some moany guy used it for the first time a few weeks ago.

It's the sort of thing a teen/20s guy would get a chuckle over. There's no way he's near retirement like he says!

• edited February 2020

@Malone said:

@Ceefax_Striker said:
    If anyone wants to witness anything toxic - take a look at the Wycombe ladies thread - sums this individual up completely

I had a look....him using a "In joke" phrase from elsewhere on the site on there wasn't as bad as I was expecting!
    There's plenty of other nonsense to focus on!

Same thoughts here, though it seemed an inapposite usage.

• @peterparrotface said:
    I seem to remember someone setting up a rival forum in the mid 2000s? Does that ring any bells with anyone?

The Not606 forum is still going strong if someone wanted to change

• @Proactive said:

@AlanCecil said:
    Clearly you did not read Rob Couhig's Tweets yesterday.

Just clarifying, your not talking about Rob's tweets from 6 weeks ago saying "any day now", or 4 weeks ago "any day now" 3 weeks ago, "any day now".. definitely the tweet yesterday was it saying "any day now", just want to make sure.

When I say yesterday, I mean yesterday!

• @Proactive said:
    Just for your info matey. I want the deal to go through and I’m told by my insider at the club that it will be done Wednesday and announced Thursday.
    I sincerely hope they are correct. Otherwise I think we have some major issues.

Firstly, please don't refer to me as "matey ". The thought of anyone else here thinking I may have any association with you is almost unbearable. Secondly, your posts do not imply that you "hope" the deal goes through. Thirdly reading other posts written by you on this thread, you are inferring that you are going to flounce off and in the future may start your own forum. Cheerio then, I for one won't miss you. ??

• @BuckinghamBlue said:

@peterparrotface said:
    I seem to remember someone setting up a rival forum in the mid 2000s? Does that ring any bells with anyone?

I'm sure there was another forum. Vital had one for a bit I think

• @Proactive said:
    I’m retiring this year from work so may have the time and the inclination to start up a proper fan based forum.

That’ll give your colleagues a spring in their collective steps tomorrow. First Gasroom flounce of 2020?

• @peterparrotface said:

The Vital Wycombe template came with a built in forum whether I wanted it or not.

...it remained a bastion of tumbleweed for ten long years.

• @peterparrotface There was a When Skies Are Blue forum for a while wasn’t there?

• edited February 2020

Ian ‘destroyed by Pearson’ Baker started a rival site yonks ago. I remember there being some kind of live forum group gathering when we needed a win, or a point, at Bristol Rovers on a Tuesday evening to be safe from relegation (circa 2001 maybe)? A trailblazing form of social media at the time, for those of us unable to get to the Rec...

• @Vital said:

@peterparrotface said:

The Vital Wycombe template came with a built in forum whether I wanted it or not.

...it remained a bastion of tumbleweed for ten long years.

It was an abandoned building. Everything ready to go but not a soul to be seen, a bit like stad de franchise.

• @peterparrotface said:

@BuckinghamBlue said:

@peterparrotface said:

You're right. Can't remember what it was called but a bloke from Burnham (Burnham Ray?) set it up because he didn't like the Gasroom

Could easily have been a spoof character. There were plenty around in those days

• @arnos_grove said:

@Proactive said:
    I’m retiring this year from work so may have the time and the inclination to start up a proper fan based forum.

That’ll give your colleagues a spring in their collective steps tomorrow. First Gasroom flounce of 2020?

Retiring? What a surprise. I would conserve your Brexit energy and forget about football. Tjere will be plenty of patriots rallies you can go to and farage speaking engagements.

• Sounds like the wind up merchant on the Facebook group that keeps offering out the same "no holds barred" group for people who are offended by the people disagreeing with them, or disagree with people being offended, can never remember which way round.

• I would imagine that with a forum consisting of proactive, trevor, richie, tommy robinson and anyone the good doctor had banned they would still spend most of their time on here...complaining that their voice is never heard.

• I found a really embarrassing Wycombe forum a few years ago from the early noughties, which was supposed to be operated by our firm.

It seemed to have about 3 members talking about finding lads for a scrap at various away games.

I'm going to do some digging and see if I can find it.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Sounds like the wind up merchant on the Facebook group that keeps offering out the same "no holds barred" group for people who are offended by the people disagreeing with them, or disagree with people being offended, can never remember which way round.

Ah yes, who can forget when the FB group set up their own "anything goes" group.
    Before quickly being bored and coming back to the proper one.

• @Proactive said:

Feel free. I look forward to being an obnoxious prick on the thing that you pay for.

• @drcongo said:

@Proactive said:

Feel free. I look forward to being an obnoxious prick on the thing that you pay for.

I believe we have a winner.

• Just an aside for Proactive’s attention, I’ve come in for a fair bit of flack on here myself, but it hasn’t deterred me from continuing to post and it never will.
    Also, anyone who’s ever sold a house-never mind a football club with various related companies- will know that it’s a lengthy, complicated process that rarely goes smoothly.

• Does anyone else remember the Electric Blue website? Not sure if they had a forum, was around in the 90s I think.

• Sounds to me like you’re just after an excuse for that item on a 30 year old credit card bill your wife won’t let you forget @Gerry47

• @glasshalffull said:
    Just an aside for Proactive’s attention, I’ve come in for a fair bit of flack on here myself, but it hasn’t deterred me from continuing to post and it never will.
    Also, anyone who’s ever sold a house-never mind a football club with various related companies- will know that it’s a lengthy, complicated process that rarely goes smoothly.

Surely you're not comparing his style of post and content to your own?!

• Does anyone else remember the Electric Blue website? Not sure if they had a forum, was around in the 90s I think.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I found a really embarrassing Wycombe forum a few years ago from the early noughties, which was supposed to be operated by our firm.

It seemed to have about 3 members talking about finding lads for a scrap at various away games.

I'm going to do some digging and see if I can find it.

Nooooo! Not....not...Section 5! Sir, you risk unleashing hellfire on the planet once more. Let not our “top boys” loose unto the world.

• @Malone said:

@glasshalffull said:
    Just an aside for Proactive’s attention, I’ve come in for a fair bit of flack on here myself, but it hasn’t deterred me from continuing to post and it never will.

No, just trying to convey to Proactive that some posters take a fairly aggressive stance towards others. For instance, when I politely questioned Proactive on his original post, one poster took aim at me but hasn’t had a word of criticism for the many others who’ve attacked Proactive in much stronger terms than I used.

• edited February 2020

@glasshalffull said:

@Malone said:

@glasshalffull said:

No, just trying to convey to Proactive that some posters take a fairly aggressive stance towards others. For instance, when I politely questioned Proactive on his original post, one poster took aim at me but hasn’t had a word of criticism for the many others who’ve attacked Proactive in much stronger terms than I used.

You'll always draw a lot of criticism from the drone army due to your status. Unfortunate, but you know it's the way for a lot.
    When a completely random person signs up, and quickly whips up a lot of negative responses, chances are it's what they're doing that causes it.

• I agree, I was just trying to explain to Proactive that if he’s not thick skinned, this is probably not the place for him!