Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Berks and Bucks cup update

Looks like our entry into this competion will now be in February . The 2nd matches are due to be completed by the end of this month. We enter at the 3rd round stage which is the quarter finals. Second round ties are: Aylesbury Utd v Didcot , Hungerford v Bracknell Newport Pagnell v Beaconsfield , Maidenhead v Marlow. The winners of these games will then be joined by Wycombe,Slough (holders) Reading and Franchise who have byes.

Comments

• Hungerford host Bracknell tomorrow night. Aylesbury face Didcot ( I believe at Chesham ) on the 22nd. The other two ties are due to take place on the 28th. This is what I can glean from the appalling B and B website which looks like it's from circa 1995.

• Maidenhead play Marlow at York Road on 28th January.

• I think I might be rather looking forward to our playing in this right now.

• The Hungerford game was called off and is now scheduled for the 28th

• @Mr67 said:
    This is what I can glean from the appalling B and B website which looks like it's from circa 1995.

A little harsh @Mr67 on the impoverished B&B. I rather like the introductory page to the Senior Cup. The picture of the victors, Reading, from the first ever final in 1879 is a nice artefact. Also intriguing is the extract of the report from the Reading Chronicle. The winning goal was as a result of a scrimmage. We don't do enough scrimmaging these days although I suspect VAR will confine it to history.

http://www.berks-bucksfa.com/cups-and-competitions/cups/2019-2020/senior-cup

• My main beef was with the coverage of the current competion I agree about scrimmaging would love to see Bayo involved n one of those

👍 👎 ( 1 )