Skip to content

Berks and Bucks cup update

Looks like our entry into this competion will now be in February . The 2nd matches are due to be completed by the end of this month. We enter at the 3rd round stage which is the quarter finals. Second round ties are: Aylesbury Utd v Didcot , Hungerford v Bracknell Newport Pagnell v Beaconsfield , Maidenhead v Marlow. The winners of these games will then be joined by Wycombe,Slough (holders) Reading and Franchise who have byes.

Comments

• Hungerford host Bracknell tomorrow night. Aylesbury face Didcot ( I believe at Chesham ) on the 22nd. The other two ties are due to take place on the 28th. This is what I can glean from the appalling B and B website which looks like it's from circa 1995.

• Maidenhead play Marlow at York Road on 28th January.

• I think I might be rather looking forward to our playing in this right now.

• The Hungerford game was called off and is now scheduled for the 28th

• @Mr67 said:
    This is what I can glean from the appalling B and B website which looks like it's from circa 1995.

A little harsh @Mr67 on the impoverished B&B. I rather like the introductory page to the Senior Cup. The picture of the victors, Reading, from the first ever final in 1879 is a nice artefact. Also intriguing is the extract of the report from the Reading Chronicle. The winning goal was as a result of a scrimmage. We don't do enough scrimmaging these days although I suspect VAR will confine it to history.

http://www.berks-bucksfa.com/cups-and-competitions/cups/2019-2020/senior-cup

• My main beef was with the coverage of the current competion I agree about scrimmaging would love to see Bayo involved n one of those

• Aylesbury Utd 1-2 Didcot The other 3 ties are due to take place on the 28th.

• Attendance 84. Sad days for The Ducks. At least they still have a Hercules in the line-up.

• Is he related to Cliff ? Yes a poor crowd for a club that were briefly our local Derby games in the conference.

• @Mr67 said:
    Is he related to Cliff ? Yes a poor crowd for a club that were briefly our local Derby games in the conference.

I think so, there's a podcast about the Aylesbury United v England game here and Cliff mentions him
    http://threelionspodcast.com/

• Its Cliff's son Max, I wonder if he will ever make a quote like his dad ?
    "I will never sign for Wycombe, we can beat them any time we want".

• @Mr67 said:
    Is he related to Cliff ? Yes a poor crowd for a club that were briefly our local Derby games in the conference.

Yes Max is his son