Skip to content

Match day thread: Portsmouth

Comments

• Santa brought Richie the thing he wanted most in the world - a Wycombe defeat.

• @Gerry47 said:
    As usual the wheels come off post Christmas.

The dumbest comment that I’ve read on here for a long time.

• The inability of some football fans to see the bigger picture is quite staggering.

• Sign Hylton on loan with view to perm in summer and will be promoted.

• Would rather not have a racist playing for my club tbh

• Or a diving cheat either.

• Same people who didnt want couhig !!!

• I think Richie is a bot

• I have a feeling we may well see the arrival of Hylton in Jan, a few of my well connected PNL supporting friends said that's what they are hearing. Plus the fact that Gareth has been a long time admirer, we could now probably afford his salary, he is likely to want to remain in the south at his age, limiting his options, he is not getting a game for Luton.we are short of firepower at CF. As distateful as he is, he is an upgrade on what we presently have. Preparing myself for the worst !!

• I would be utterly sickened by this. Hopefully they're just trying to wind you up

• Graeme Jones has said he might be loaned out, but I don't want him.

• Not sure Bayo would be to keen on playing alongside a racist. I think it would destroy the togetherness in the squad.

• Lots of people have made mistakes and made comments but it doesnt define them

• @mooneyman said:
    Not sure Bayo would be to keen on playing alongside a racist. I think it would destroy the togetherness in the squad.

One of the few times I've seen Bayo really angry was at the end of a WW v Luton match at AP a few years ago. I seem to remember his anger was directed at Hylton. Not sure he would fit with our current squad dynamic.

• @Shev I agree wholeheartedly with your comment. Wheels are definitely still on, a loss or two is to be expected in a season, but to be top of the league at Christmas and at the end of the year and effectively safe is such an accomplishment. Who'd have thought it during pre season?

As for signing DDH. If DDH was to come round here, upsetting the players, upsetting the fans I'd say Oi DDH No! (c) Fast Show.

• Harry Enfield, not the Fast Show.

• Thanks @Chris for the correction.

Scorchio.

• DDH would definitely be the ultimate morals v wanting the best for your team wouldn't it.

Hopefully we get back to scoring ways, and don't entertain such thoughts.

It'd certainly get some long winded threads on the go wouldn't it...

• edited December 2019

Until we create higher quality chances more frequently, there's no point bringing in a higher calibre striker anyway.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Until we create higher quality chances more frequently, there's no point bringing in a higher calibre striker anyway.

Isn't it amazing how flawed the runaway league leaders are having. Would be an interesting call to bring in DDH and would seriously question some fans views on him.

• I agree we create very few chances from open play, but Hyltons intelligent movement off the ball to create space is something to be admired. It's a bit of a dilemma as distasteful as Hyltons antics are, and the risk of being reduced to 10 men with Hylton in your team, ability wise he is streets ahead of Samuel and Parker.

• No way a manger like Ainsworth signs a player like Hylton.

• @glasshalffull said:

@Gerry47 said:
    As usual the wheels come off post Christmas.

The dumbest comment that I’ve read on here for a long time.

Not sure you're reading enough of the Gasroom 2.0 Mr @glasshalffull! Agreed though, it's up there.

• His name seems to get raised every window these days, based on nothing as far as I can tell.

• @floyd said:
    No way a manger like Ainsworth signs a player like Hylton.

Big rumour at the time, Gaz tried to get him a couple of seasons back, couldn’t agree terms. Now we have funds his s#*t housery might just be the thing to get us over the line. Opposition fans would ‘love’ it!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    His name seems to get raised every window these days, based on nothing as far as I can tell.

Would be interested to see how often those rumours come from @ChasHarps . I still believe the Ken McKenna rumours

• @perfidious_albion said:

@floyd said:
    No way a manger like Ainsworth signs a player like Hylton.

Big rumour at the time, Gaz tried to get him a couple of seasons back, couldn’t agree terms. Now we have funds his s#*t housery might just be the thing to get us over the line. Opposition fans would ‘love’ it!

Only if everything GA has told us about team spirit and character is forgotten.

• @ChasHarps said:
    I agree we create very few chances from open play, but Hyltons intelligent movement off the ball to create space is something to be admired. It's a bit of a dilemma as distasteful as Hyltons antics are, and the risk of being reduced to 10 men with Hylton in your team, ability wise he is streets ahead of Samuel and Parker.

No dilemma at all for me.

It would completely ruin what has so far been a magical season for me

• On the bright side @rmjlondon gets more use out of his luton Hylton shirt...also @Gerry47 the last two Christmases we survived in league one and got promoted. Agree about Parker...surely he could work through the middle with the wide forwards we have or what are we paying him 3k a week for?

• Slightly confused @chairboyscentral comments that as we don’t create high quality chances , so no point bringing in a high calibre striker. We have enough talented wingers and some creative midfielders that with a change of tactics ( because we have better players) we would create changes that a prolific scorer would take. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to go into the Championship, and we should take a chance and go for someone who could get us there.

Do we really believe we are ever going to be in this position again.