Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

2»

Comments

• Well hopefully, we start as well as we did this evening. We can score goals, the more we of a buffer for our back 5. We can do it.... there's more goals to be had.

• Fred didnt make any attempt to hold the ball or chase, allowing plymouth to push forward easily

• We certainly missed Hayes and Holloway upfront, not long ago posters on this forum, were in an opinion those two were to similar to play together, which I disagree. Hays the intelligent the wise one and Hollz the quiet nuisance no mess with me one.

Game changed big time, when the pair left the field :(

• @argylephil, fact of the matter, if we had a 1st team keeper, GAME over, for 75 Minutes Pilgrims where terrible to say the least and fortunate to be in the tie. See you at Adams Park, don't get lost.

• What has happened to Fred? Seems like we are playing with only 10 men when he comes on.. Tonight looked like he just couldn't be bothered. Got to motivate him some how for Thursday..

• Bore of Phyllis you miserable drip.

• Phyllis?

• The Blues boss thought Lynch had done “ok” on his professional debut in place of the injured Matt Ingram, and said he was hopeful of having his No1 back for the return fixture at Adams Park.

Courtesy of BFP for full article. 85 Minutes, 85.. :(

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/12941363.Ainsworth_calls_for_perspective_after__rollercoaster__ride_against_Plymouth/

• Fred must not come on again! He cannot be arsed

• I was in dreaming a successions of weird emotions, I even dreamt that Hayes, Holloway and Steveie Craig scored all in the same match would you believe it. :)

• Mawson drops too deep on the second goal. He is right on top of Lynch and fails to head it clear. That said, Lynch should probably be anticipating it. Sadly he's caught a little flat footed.

• I thought Bean did a solid but unspectacular job at right back until they made changes. At that point there left winger had the pace to be beating of him all night long. Fred should have been dropping back and helping Bean more every time the ball switched that way and I don't think he did until after the second went in.

I have faith ainsworth saw it and will make changes for Thursday, if not I fear for us a bit. That was the crack in defence they could pour through

• Maybe move Nico to right back and put Bean back in the pack, if Plymouth play the same formation and make the same changes late into the game to try and counteract?

Anyway much has been made of our keeper what about the Pilgrims, one of our corners just needed touch and it was in.. their keeps was terribad what was his excuse lol.

• No nico needs to stay in midfield, he has been huge there the last two games. Fred needs to work far far harder to get back

• @wycombelad, I wouldn't count on it, one thing I can count on after Pilgrims watch the game a few times, they are going to exploit our right hand side and make better decisions than yesterday with their possession.

Hopefully, we get an early goal and take less casualties in the last 15-20 minutes of the game.

1st goal is crucial for both sides.

• You are right about the first goal. Whoever scores it will win I reckon. We should go on the offensive straight away on Thursday.