Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

Comments

• Who says we're shit on Sky?

• Still 45 minutes to go yet, every time Plymouth come forward I am panicking, I really hope we can see this out. They will come at us all fired up after the break

• If I were them I would just pepper the box with long balls and crosses and Lynch doesn't seem too confident. We are defending well, but I'm sorry to say I don't have much faith in Lynch. I'm more than happy for him to prove me wrong though!! Handball?! What handball?!

• Lynch is doing really good

• Hayes is being subbed

• Lynch has done everything asked off him. The defence has been superb in protecting him but he looks very confident in what he is doing.

• llalallalalalal 3-nil... and pee
    ps where whinging about out-out goal scorers. Give our boys upfront some quality service and there you go. lalalalala

• lalalala when I was since I was young, I followed on, Wycombe FC, The team for me! lalalalallala...

• You know its true, when skies are blue!

• Lynch is simply not good enough

• While 2-3 is disappointing given the lead we had, I think we would have bitten most people hand's off for that considering Ingram was ruled out.

• Out of sight, if it wasn't for our injuries woes. Well done Lynch and lads.

• edited May 2015

Lynch, what was he doing for that second goal, that's the second game in a row where he has just watched the ball go into the net. I know he is young but that should be a keepers bread and butter, I don't fancy us for the home tie if I am honest, we are indifferent at home

• It's a really good result even with the late collapse. Strongly feel that Ingram's fitness is essential for Thursday though.

• edited May 2015

majorly bummed out

• Would have taken it at the beginning. However they now have the momentum. I really hope Ingram is back

• We bossed the game however are defence do not look Confident in GK, imperative that Ingram is for for Thursday. Neederlrss a win is a win comes on WWFC

• I don't think Ingram will be fit in time for Wembley. But I don't think we'll need him to be!

Is Hayes out of the game on Thursday having gone off with a head injury?

• No he isn't as he wasn't unconscious. Assuming that nasty bruise heals up he will be fine

• Nah, he will be ok or we are f****, as soon as Hayes and Holloway came off, Plymouth Defenders where able to push up, thus over ran with numbers.

They never had a decent effort till the 80th minute. 2nd Goal was terrible communicating, but hence why Football is played over 90 minutes as concentrating drops and fatigue kicks in.

Well done lads.

• Those goals change nothing.

• @Chris said:
    Those goals change nothing.

They do

• Gutted we couldn't keep it to 3.0,What a change wene our two upfront went off. what has happened to fred he just doesn't seem like the same guy.

• Massive difference when Holloway went off, he was immense tonight as were most of the team. Plymouth were lucky to get those 2 goals as well as having 11 men

• Fred just doesn't look that bothered anymore. Maybe it's because he knows he'll be playing in League 1 anyway next season with Millwall.

• Is there a single one of us who wouldn't have taken that before the game? Sam Saunders was a very lucky boy.

• Agreed very happy with the win, was touching Wembley though... We can do it...I thought bean also played well on the right, thought wood was very quiet tonight

• @OakwoodExile said:
    Is there a single one of us who wouldn't have taken that before the game? Sam Saunders was a very lucky boy.

I think the ref downgraded the PAFC player's punishment to a yellow in exchange for not giving Saunders a second yellow.

• Had a few chances to make it 4-0. Had we found the bottom corner with one of those efforts from the edge of the box we would already be at Wembley.

Thought Saunders controlled the game. Very In fact the whole front five were excellent.

Sadly we just ran out of steam at the end.

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    Fred just doesn't look that bothered anymore. Maybe it's because he knows he'll be playing in League 1 anyway next season with Millwall.

I think that's really unfair. We had clearly been told not to attack too much at 3.0 up lest we c0ck it up and give PAFC a counter attack chance. I think he got involved to the extent he could.