Skip to content

PNL

2»

Comments

• @micra said:
    I thought you were quite impressive @Dickie and can see why even one or two Premier League clubs are interested.

Annoying that as a kid in Binfield near Bracknell the club were made aware of Dickie, went to Reading as a youth instead, we should have got him on loan went to Cheltenham instead. Come the Championship maybe he will be a target.

• 18 shots against Man City! Wow.

Although I'm often surprised at stats these days, having seen some of the total shots Arsenal for example have conceded in some of their games.

• More impressive was that they had more shots from inside the box (13) than City (12). Even though City's CBs were two youngsters, that's some achievement.

• Worryingly, i'm expecting us to be on the end of our first league drubbing of the season. 4-0 to Oxford me thinks.

• edited December 2019

I don't think Gaz will be shitting himself about them - he will have a plan. Our extra preparation time should count in our favour somewhat, plus they weren't able to break down Shrewsbury - who aren't much less stubborn than us defensively. That said, I think the clean sheet run will end - but I don't think we'll get hammered.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    They look a very good team, Oxford.

Like Burton and Peterborough...we'll drag them down to our level @chairboyscentral :smile:

• Burton weren't that good, but I'll take another Peterborough 3-3.

• Peterborough are still the only team we have played that had me thinking we were going to get easily beaten (apart from actually losing to Gillingham!)...and we still drew that. Every other decent club has seemed a little scary on paper, but once the action starts, we have at least been at their level.

We are just so hard to break down, that we are in every game. I can't wait for Fred to be back and Smyth to play more, as I feel they may be the keys to us turning 1-0s into 2-0s, and give us a bit more breathing room in some of these contests.

• Exactly so @Shev and I have made the same point elsewhere in the context of the likelihood of disruption at some point to the incredibly long and unexpected period of continuity of our back five.