Skip to content

January business?

Comments

• I don't think so

• Two rumours on Twitter:

Gape to Cardiff for £1m.
    Bright Enobakhare in on loan - highly rated by Coventry fans, he played for them on loan previously.

Just over two hours to go.

• @Gary said:
    Two rumours on Twitter:

Gape to Cardiff for £1m.
    Bright Enobakhare in on loan - highly rated by Coventry fans, he played for them on loan previously.

Just over two hours to go.

1million?! When he's out of contract in 6 months?! That'd be amazing.

• That Gape one is from one of those fake transfer accounts.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    That Gape one is from one of those fake transfer accounts.

You suspected as much!

Never really feared losing Gape in Jan, but as per last year, I think we'd all be pleasantly surprised if we kept him again!
    Having stepped up a massive level this year, it'll take a better offer to take him away, at least.

• There’s so many of them. I doubt we will hear anything on the Gape front until we know which division we will be in next season.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    I don't think so

Who do you mean? Ben Frempah or Hugo (goalkeeper from.hanwell town?)

• edited January 2020

@Gary said:
    There’s so many of them. I doubt we will hear anything on the Gape front until we know which division we will be in next season.

Yep for sure.

Gape's biggest dilemma, is if we say, lose in the playoffs, and then the best team that come in for him is also league 1, but pay a bit more. Not game changing, but a "Bit" more.
    The grass isn't always greener etc.

You hope if he stays, he puts in a proper security for all sides 3 year deal or something.

• Isn't James Collins a free agent still? Would be exactly what we need right now. 6 month deal to keep him fit and tie us over...?

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Isn't James Collins a free agent still? Would be exactly what we need right now. 6 month deal to keep him fit and tie us over...?

James Collins has been playing week in, week out for Luton, at the bottom of the Championship :)

• @Brownie Not sure if sarcasm but not that James Collins!

• Luton released Alan Sheehan today didn’t they?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    @Brownie Not sure if sarcasm but not that James Collins!

Indeed, I meant West 'aaaam James Collins

• @floyd said:
    Luton released Alan Sheehan today didn’t they?

Wasn't he in the stands watching us away at Ipswich? His music career may get in the way but worth a punt?

• Seems like a mistake. Even young striker on loan on low wages would have boosted the squad somewhat.

• Fred will be like a new signing when he's back in August

• yep that is poor . GA said he wanted to bring one more. name in.....why are we always kept in the dark? what is happening with Fred ? GA always shouts out to us fans but never keeps us to date

• @Wanderers82 said:
    yep that is poor . GA said he wanted to bring one more. name in.....why are we always kept in the dark? what is happening with Fred ? GA always shouts out to us fans but never keeps us to date

I'm also outraged as the BNP, sorry BFP said it'd be "at least one" signing.
    So I was a bit hopeful of 3 or 4 signings.

After all, Aarons is on 20k a week, so we should have at least 20k to fuel into those 4.
    Right?

• Great window nonetheless. Another winger would have been ideal but no point bringing in players for the sake of it if they're not the right fit. We're well set for the rest of the season; let's see where we end up!

• Okay I was waiting for maybe one more, never mind off to bed I’ve early start at work tomorrow.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    yep that is poor . GA said he wanted to bring one more. name in.....why are we always kept in the dark? what is happening with Fred ? GA always shouts out to us fans but never keeps us to date

Must admit, I thought this was @Wendoverman from a quick view, hence me joining in for a tongue in cheek duelling banjos.

Now I re-read and it's a chap being serious!

• Lack of signings may be due to sale not going through yet.

• It is annoying that GA can't at least pop on the Gasroom once a week with transfer targets and injury updates.

• Great window, well done GA.

• Stockdale + McCarthy is sensational work

McCarthy already back to being our best player as far as I can see

• No key players out and Jason McCarthy in is better than we could have expected. Plus a goalkeeping upgrade too.

• Right back cover was essential. Whilst a GK upgrade is nice, it wasn't as pressing as our need for goals.

• Interesting Ainsworth wanted one more. Announcement re. No more signings came late in the day. Wonder if we were trying but couldn’t get one ‘ over the line’. Would have preferred a forward to a goalkeeper but still not a bad window. Interesting Aarons has gone to Motherwell. Can he crack it in the Scottish Prem bearing in mind he hardly set it a light in the third tier of English football.

• @Malone i was waiting until midnight to just post: 'Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!'