Skip to content

Today's League One games to keep an eye on

13»

Comments

• edited December 2019

Quite right. We're currently walking this league

• Better to be a walker than a trotter, but we are unlikely to run away with it.

• Maybe we could jog away with it?

• Would people take sixth place at the end of the season? I’m saying nope

• edited December 2019

I would. I believe we can get top two - no obvious reason why not - but top six would still represent a monumental achievement.

• Hopefully at least 5th, for the highest ever finish!

I am greedy though - I hope we take home the trophy.

We will know a lot more once we have finished running the upcoming schedule gauntlet. I am interested to see how we stack up against Oxford and Coventry, two excellent sides.

• edited December 2019

Will be important to beat Burton and show this break hasn't stunted our momentum. Hopefully, playing Oxford three days after they play City counts in our favour. Coventry are decent but yet to win away - although we know what our record against them is like.

• BELIEVE! We have made an excellent platform for the second half of the season and with the strength of character of the squad and management we should be confident going into every game.

I think people who are "negative" on here are just hedging their bets to avoid disappointment. It seems to me (an the table reflects) that we are a match for anyone in the league and have given ourselves every chance to go on and make this season historic.

Keep the faith and COYB!!!!

• One game at a time friends, one game at a time!

• @NorsQuarters, if we can get beyond the next 5 games and still be at the top then I'll be feeling confident enough to say ...
    If we can get to the end of the month and still be at the top ...

Of course we're hedging our bets so as to not be disappointed. Personally I fear that I'm going to wake up soon and discover it's only mid-July, WWFC has got no money, no new investors could be found and only 9 players are signed for the 2019/2020 season. Meanwhile the club has ask Phil Catchpole, who has no new initiatives in the pipeline, to put out a plea on social media for fans to turn up at the ground with their boots for a trial to earn a playing contract.

• At the risk of jinxing things badly I’m confident we won’t get relegated this season now. Which for me is the height of optimism.

The Christmas period will be critical - particularly in terms of how we manage Darius. I think he is absolutely critical to our current success. Picking which games for him (and a couple of others) to rest won’t be easy but will have to be done.

• @Shev said:
    Sunderland and Arsenal are really having very similar seasons. Everyone feels they must surely turn it around because of their name, but they really do not have very good squads.

Surely you mean every official in this crappy league favours (insert name here) who really are not fit to play Sunderland and use every trick in the book. Scoring goals. Defending. It's a disgrace.

• Possible that Darius only misses one? I imagine he'll play the next three, sit out Coventry and return for Ipswich. And when is he getting that deal until the end of the season?!

• Whatever happens we will finish top half of the table and will had had a fantastic and exciting first half of the season. I think now the team should have the mindset that they can get points against anyone and I bet none of them want to be in the side that ends the unbeaten run. Great times.

• Unbeleaveable season so far every game feels like ???

• @eric_plant said:

@thecatwwfc said:
    I still hate to say it. But we won't go up automatically. But loving every minute of it while it lasts.

Dreadful

Why is that dreadful? It wouldn't have been dreadful if I said it before the season started. It wouldn't have been dreadful for Shrewsbury fans to have said it a few years back. Of course I hope it's not the case more than anything in the world, but it's merely an opinion. And I hope I'm so wrong.