Skip to content

Today's League One games to keep an eye on

Comments

• A place in the open end? Car roof? Watch out for mishit penalties.

• Barrow v Sunderland next season should be good.

• @railwaysteve said:
    Virtually every bookmaker has shortened our odds for promotion today, but what do they know!

@Shev - I believe that from that point of view, tonight is our best ever league position.
    I want to print the league table off, but don't want to jinx it.

I will need to rest my voice ready for next Saturday, and the Saturday afterwards! Bought my tickets for open ended place earlier today.

If we are still in this position at the end of the season, I am going to get the league table made into a poster!

• It should be 21st not 22nd in that Tweet. Still hilarious.

• Please may I have a copy @Shev ?
    Couhigs might want to market it.

• Speaking of such, anyone know if any stickers are available to buy? Saw a Hibs sticker in Oslo today and thought it a good idea. Anyone know?

• @railwaysteve said:
    Gillingham score at home to Sunderland - but does that matter?

Are you questioning the wisdom of the great Supercomputer?

• @NorsQuarters said:
    Speaking of such, anyone know if any stickers are available to buy? Saw a Hibs sticker in Oslo today and thought it a good idea. Anyone know?

There were some "Yeah, I'm a Wanderer" stickers. Were Rob and Missy giving them out at a home game?

• @NorsQuarters said:
    Speaking of such, anyone know if any stickers are available to buy? Saw a Hibs sticker in Oslo today and thought it a good idea. Anyone know?

https://www.wwfcworldwide.com/shop/yeah-im-a-wanderer-bumper-sticker-or-window-cling

• If you really want a laugh.... go and have a look at the Sunderland forum ! Oh my

• I can think of nothing better to cling to my window.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I'd walk if I were Phil Parkinson, doesn't seem worth the aggro even if the money's probably very good. I'm not sure if they would sack him. Who can they bring in to dramatically turn things around and get them up this season? I think the problems there run much deeper.

There’s only one man who could turn things around for Sunderland, but he’s not going to leave the run away league leaders.

• Catching up with the results today - superb set!
    You'd have to be a very greedy man to have hoped for more than that...maybe Rovers not coming back from 2-0 down to Southend to win...

but generally, a superb set of 8&9 point margins, and now Ipswich can't go above us being down to one game in hand.

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    I'd walk if I were Phil Parkinson, doesn't seem worth the aggro even if the money's probably very good. I'm not sure if they would sack him. Who can they bring in to dramatically turn things around and get them up this season? I think the problems there run much deeper.

There’s only one man who could turn things around for Sunderland, but he’s not going to leave the run away league leaders.

Reading their forum it’s clear Sunderland fans are in desperate need of a mental enema .

• @BuckinghamBlue said:

@Gordon_Ottershaw said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Reading their forum it’s clear Sunderland fans are in desperate need of a mental enema .

They're fuming! Changing manager was meant to lift them, and instead they're losing plenty of games.
    Love it!

• Paying off another manager isn't exactly going to leave them with much to play with in January, is it? They will not go up this season.

• Pylmouth lost as well, ha ha. Just don't like them.

• At this rate, we could be playing a really really really big team from the North East next season: Well, only if Middlesborough manage to stay up of course.

• Sunderland really should be beating teams like Lincoln, Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Burton and Gillingham...

• Just to add a little icing on the cake glance over your shoulder to see whose sitting in the relegation zone 27 points below us.

• Oh yeah.......the team that BBC South/Oxford etc. think are the only Buckinghamshire League team!

• At least Sunderland fans don't have to watch us every week...

• Just saw the results from yesterday....couldn't have picked better myself. If it wouldn't be an almighty jinx I'd quite like to get a range of clothing made up on which the current league is printed.....but as said would jinx it so I'll have to make do with a smug grin instead as we sit clear even allowing for games in hand. Roll on the festive period, can't wait. COYB!!

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Just saw the results from yesterday....couldn't have picked better myself. If it wouldn't be an almighty jinx I'd quite like to get a range of clothing made up on which the current league is printed.....but as said would jinx it so I'll have to make do with a smug grin instead as we sit clear even allowing for games in hand. Roll on the festive period, can't wait. COYB!!

Just checked the League table on my phone. It only shows the top ten teams; bizarrely Sunderland are not there...
    I guess this must either be a fault with my phone
    or
    Finally the EFL have realised their error, and restored Sunderland to their rightful position in the Premiere League .

• I still hate to say it. But we won't go up automatically. But loving every minute of it while it lasts.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    I still hate to say it. But we won't go up automatically. But loving every minute of it while it lasts.

Dreadful

• We might. I'm more or less at the point of thinking finishing outside the top six will be an underachievement in the context of our season so far.

• Agreed, and it is funny how expectations naturally change with new information. Before the season, coming 10th would have seemed like dreamland. Now, it would be extremely disappointing.

Obviously everyone expects us to fall away, and none of us would be surprised if it does happen (to one degree or another), but the fact of the matter is that 19 games is a large sample size to show quality, and we are one of the best teams in this division, and perhaps the hardest to break down.

• I don't think we should expect ourselves to fall away at all. I'm struggling to think of a reason why we should. We're one of the best teams in the league, let's believe.