Skip to content

Crowds- where are they?

13»

Comments

• @eric_plant said:
    Again though, if someone has specifically said that the state of the loos is the reason they won't be coming back, if you do in fact want them to come back the correct response is not to lecture them about why they are wrong

Thankfully I think the Couhigs get it

If that's a genuine reason and not an excuse, of course

• Rob Couhig has said more than once at meetings that he wants clean toilets that are not an embarrassment. But I guess sheer volume (of people and their output) within a relatively short period makes sweet smelling facilities hard to achieve.
    Also I think many who use the cubicles do so for privacy rather to do a “number two” which I have just thought of for the first time as rhyming slang.

• edited November 2019

It would help if people (men) could aim straight, although I appreciate that's easier said than done after a skinful.

• @micra interesting thinking around rhyming slang. Should a No.1 therefore be a No.3...?

• Yes @LeedsBlue, henceforth I think it should. That’d raise a few eyebrows.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It would help if people (men) could aim straight, although I appreciate that's easier said than done after a skinful.

True but considering the size of the guts on some of our lot they probably haven't much chance of being able to see what they are doing.

I think “skinful” is key, especially during cold weather. I shall not elaborate.

• I meant to add “or I shall get myself into deep water.”

• Goodnight.

I think it would make sense to prioritise improvement of the women's toilets - something which, unless I'm mistaken, Rob mentioned when he very first introduced himself? If you polled 100 blokes and 100 women on how much the state of the loos influenced their decision to return tAdams Park, I'm sure you'd get starkly contrasting responses.

This comment just made me think.I appreciate that most of us are anonymous to a large extent on here but I suspect that there are no women posting. In fact even on the old gasroom I can only recall Essexgirl having any input. Does this mean we are marginalising female supporters or at least not getting their input?

• I seem to recall that “Wycombe Woman” used to contribute regularly on the old Gasroom, and there was also an excellent female writer who used to put links up of her blog when they occasionally involved her beloved WWFC. There are probably others. However, the anonymity of screen names does of course mean that even someone who called themselves “Test Card Carole” was not necessarily female.

• @NorsQuarters said:
    Anyway, a steady stream of new punters albeit in modest numbers will improve the situation in the long run and that is what really matters.

Was that a pun @NorsQuarters?