Skip to content

Crowds- where are they?

Comments

• I guess the toilets are a much bigger issue for women.

• @Malone said:

@Gordon_Ottershaw said:

@Username said:

@Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    I’ve been watching games at Adams Park since it opened, and I can honestly say I’ve never had to use the toilets at the ground. Go before you go is my motto.

I'm guessing you don't get down the ground at midday and spend money in the bar then!

True, I’m not a big drinker, no more than a pint, which helps, but I’ve genuinely never been in the toilets at AP. Maybe I should pop in for a visit next time to get the full match day experience.

Do you live within a very close walk/drive and get in on kick off?
    And do no away games ever?

I’ve done a few away games over the years and live in Flackwell Heath. I have a very large bladder

• Anyone recall the loos at Layer Road? A proper shithole in a shithole....very apt really.

• People will always find an excuse for what they don't really want to do.

Remember the "principle" gang, who wouldn't come back until Hayes had gone?
    Then never came back? Having now filled their times with something else, obviously totally unbreakable.

• The toilets at Swansea in the Auto Windscreens were dreadful. Could smell them from outside the ground ...

• @Malone said:
    People will always find an excuse for what they don't really want to do.

Rather like my exercise regime @Malone, definitely behind the programme.

• I can confirm I am the complete opposite to @Gordon_Ottershaw ... I drink a lot more at games and have an extremely small bladder.... so I'm always in the bloody toilets !!

• My problem is that I went to the loos midway through the second half of a tepid 0-0 game against someone in around 1998 and missed the only goal and have of course to repeat the ritual whenever I feel we’re in need of a goal. Nowt to do with my weak bladder and pre-match ale at all.

• This discussion about crowds has gone down the pan.

• Yeah, shit thread now

• It all came because someone who doesn't mind lying outside in the cold for a night, can't handle a min or so in the toilets. Amazing!

• He was just flushed with the success of the game!

• "someone who doesn't mind lying outside in the cold for a night"

One of the stupidest things I've ever read

• @eric_plant said:
    "someone who doesn't mind lying outside in the cold for a night"

I don't know, read a lot of your own stuff fella. Your posts are constantly riddled with an aggressive sniping style.

The point being, how bad can toilets be, if you're hard core enough to handle a night outside in November!

• I've never heard such nonsense in my life! No, the loos are not 5* hotel standard, but who expects them to be!!?? They are to do your business and get on watching the game. They are not amazing, bit I have been in facilities that are much much worse without grumbling!

• I'll take the bait @Malone. Many beer before, during and after the match followed by copious cups of coffee percolating in a cold reduced bladder meant that ... my mate ... had to visit the mens' room about every hour and it stank. Now I'm not saying that is why people stay away but it can't convince people to return.

Unless the defenders of the bogs at AP think the smell adds to the uniqueness of the experience? I think they all need a proper power washing by some different cocktail of chemicals than currently happens every two weeks or so.

Anyway, a steady stream of new punters albeit in modest numbers will improve the situation in the long run and that is what really matters.

• Maybe the falcon cleaners could give the club some tips. They seem to win the best toilets award fairly regularly!

• Remember, until the last few weeks we didn't have a pot to piss in! I'm sure these type of things will steadily improve now we have professionals in charge.

• falcon cleaners? We could do with them on the terrace to get rid of the partridge poo. I can cope with the loos for a quick visit, but I'm standing in the partridge toilet for 2 hours.

• @Malone said:

@eric_plant said:
    "someone who doesn't mind lying outside in the cold for a night"

I don't know, read a lot of your own stuff fella. Your posts are constantly riddled with an aggressive sniping style.

The point being, how bad can toilets be, if you're hard core enough to handle a night outside in November!

No, the point is those people weren't sleeping outside because they like it or don't mind it were they?

It's an absolutely terrible argument

• @Malone said:
    Maybe the falcon cleaners could give the club some tips. They seem to win the best toilets award fairly regularly!

I still have nightmares about the time I got stuck in the Falcon toilets.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    To be honest if you aren't coming to games regularly now I'm not sure what can make you. At half time yesterday a walk in the concourse made me realise how many who go are missing the whole essence of what is going on with this great group of players. Almost every person I have overheard were moaning about now poor we were and how rubbish the game was. What are these people expecting???

For me rather than actually fight to get more fans in just let it happen. Those not going are missing out massively

Whatever the club do, this is what they're up against.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Malone said:
    Maybe the falcon cleaners could give the club some tips. They seem to win the best toilets award fairly regularly!

I still have nightmares about the time I got stuck in the Falcon toilets.

Cleanest in the area apparently! Which probably isn't the highest accolade!

• Some people say that Wembley is the best stadium in the world. Even there, the toilet experience is not the best when hundreds of people need to use them at the same time.

• If you came out of the toilets and said you'd had "a good experience", people might give you a bit of a funny look.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    If you came out of the toilets and said you'd had "a good experience", people might give you a bit of a funny look.

I lolled.

But generally, how many people walk away from a game talking about their "match experience"

• @Twizz said:
    The toilets at Swansea in the Auto Windscreens were dreadful. Could smell them from outside the ground ...

@Twizz, worst I've been in since joining the FL, no roof but still managed to stink to high heaven. Before the FL, that has to be Loakes Park, the Gasworks End bogs did have a roof and so retained the foulest of smells. I can still smell it to this day. I used to try and hold my breath and have the quickest of slashes, but always failed.

As @Username alluded, any discussion on toilets needs a woman's input. I remember my former manager, a Blackpool fan, saying that when she used the Adams Park toilets, there was nowhere to hang her coat. Such an annoying problem, such an easy fix.

Anyone who thinks decent toilets, and enough of them, are not important to attracting new supporters, in particular families, is being a touch too dismissive. Poor toilets in any business shows a lack of respect to customers.

• not to labour the point or anything, but the partridges seem very happy with their toilets.

• edited November 2019

I think it would make sense to prioritise improvement of the women's toilets - something which, unless I'm mistaken, Rob mentioned when he very first introduced himself? If you polled 100 blokes and 100 women on how much the state of the loos influenced their decision to return to Adams Park, I'm sure you'd get starkly contrasting responses.

• Again though, if someone has specifically said that the state of the loos is the reason they won't be coming back, if you do in fact want them to come back the correct response is not to lecture them about why they are wrong

Thankfully I think the Couhigs get it