Skip to content

Is veganism in sport cheating?

13»

Comments

• I agree, some meat substitutes aren’t great. But I like plenty of them, and there is a wider variety (and increasing quality) all the time.

• @Twizz said:

Absolutely agree we are all free to eat what we like.

Exactly this, and I think if the small minority of militant vegans who vehemently didn't agree with you didn't exist, then there'd be much less aggro all round.

You can't assume everyone has the same values. Totally respect that some people don't like the thought of killing something for food, equally, they have to accept that some people couldn't care less and would eat someones pet dog if it was served to them and tasted any good.

• @Twizz said:
    I'm sure you are correct @Chris, I was merely responding to the comments that some substitutes are pretty grim.
    I don't believe I ever made that statement @Lloyd2084, although I did comment that some of the tastiest food I've eaten has been vegan. Which is a true statement.
    If I've offended any vegetarians/vegans by suggesting that they would want to eat "meat substitute products" then I apologise.
    Absolutely agree we are all free to eat what we like.

Thanks for clarifying, sorry if I was prickly. ;)

• I have no issue with vegans being 'militant' so long as they don't personally attack you for not being a vegan. If it's a cause you believe in, you're going to be vehement about it. There's still a difference between that and being a prick about it, though.

• How are Forest Green doing this season?

• edited November 2019

2nd in League Two with the third best defence in the EFL, not too shabby

• I wonder how many of their players are vegan?

• @micra. All of them professionally as the club exclusively serves vegan food. I don’t think they dictate what players can eat on their own time apart from the usual nutritional requirements.

• @micra said:
    How are Forest Green doing this season?

Also got to FAC 2nd Round.

• I've got a lot of time for them and would be happy to see them come up, but their owner posted a video of the traffic outside the ground at the Plymouth game and it looked similar to ours. Is it in a really awkward location? I've never been.

• New Lawn is a nice ground (and the food is superb and everyone there is very friendly) but it is at the top of a pretty steep hill with very limited parking around, so getting away at the end isn't that much fun. No worse than a lot of places, though.

• Forest Green have aspirations to move to a new ground by the M5 being frustrated (in their eyes) by planning.

It does feel a little like a Rushden and Diamonds scenario.

• Had the beyond chicken burger on Saturday, bit tasteless tbh. I appreciate that they have the option available but I might stick to going to Gregg's pre-match as the beyond bbq prices are not really commensurate with the quality/taste. I can only hope that the club are getting a fair portion of the £7.50 they charge.

• I had the identical experience @NorsQuarters. Cost over taste, (lack of), makes it a "no" from me for the future. I will carry on at Lindy Lous' for the moment.