Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Wycombe pub closes !!

The Pheasant on the London road, has pulled its last pint.
Also the Football unfriendly pub The Bootlegger will close on the 9th, it has
been sold to a large pub chain and will reopen after a major refurb.
and finally for those 'Train enthusiasts' on here the council have finally completed the purchase of the
Historic Brunel good shed from Chiltern Railways.

Β«1

Comments

  • Real shame about the Bootlegger, used it be a brilliant place to drink, with so many beers from all around the world and from local breweries. Will be sorely missed

  • Pheasant used to be my local when I first moved out of the family home into the big wide world on my own, shame.

  • The pheasant has shut?! Wow.
    Must pass there every day and once turned out for their footy team.
    Shame.

  • Why is the Pheasant closing? Someone trying to whack a load of flats on the site?

  • Wasn't paying. The owner was very senior and in need of help just in everyday living. Family couldn't keep it going with their other work commitments. I work with the grandson.

  • Writing was on the wall. Sad.

  • Sad to hear the Bootlegger is due to become another generic non-entity pub.

  • Better than an extremely expensive class riddled Rugby loving establishment.

  • For a while The Bootlegger was the best pub in Wycombe by miles

  • It certainly wasnt after Gaz got the winner at Church rd in the FA Cup, a member of our group was asked to leave the pub if he didnt take off his WWFC lapel badge.
    Soon started showing football on skysports when Wasps and the damp chino brigade departed for Coventry.

  • My neighbour used to live near the Morning Star. A perfect place for a Pint and a Fight.

  • @ChasHarps said:
    It certainly wasnt after Gaz got the winner at Church rd in the FA Cup, a member of our group was asked to leave the pub if he didnt take off his WWFC lapel badge.
    Soon started showing football on skysports when Wasps and the damp chino brigade departed for Coventry.

    Almost certain there was a change in management in that time as well. The bar manager last year was a nice guy and pretty sure I've seen him and his dad at AP.

  • @ChasHarps said:
    It certainly wasnt after Gaz got the winner at Church rd in the FA Cup, a member of our group was asked to leave the pub if he didnt take off his WWFC lapel badge.
    Soon started showing football on skysports when Wasps and the damp chino brigade departed for Coventry.

    They also pissed me off a few years back saying they wouldn’t serve me as they spotted colours under my coat, whilst showing the Man Utd game on the TV.

    Thankfully as others have said, management changed and so did that ridiculous rule.

  • My entourage has been asked to leave for wearing colours and celebrating a Wycombe win a few years ago. Have avoided the place since. Cannot qualify as best pub I Wycombe if it doesn't welcome Wycombe supporters for me.

  • On the morning of the play off final v Southend my dad and I (he's in his 70s) were refused entry to the Falcon because I was wearing a Wycombe top

    I have never been in since, nor will I ever go in there again

  • Remember that. Quite extraordinary behaviour (from them).

  • @eric_plant said:
    On the morning of the play off final v Southend my dad and I (he's in his 70s) were refused entry to the Falcon because I was wearing a Wycombe top

    I have never been in since, nor will I ever go in there again

    I've been refused service in there for wearing a WWFC top before, whilst watching the Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal shirted people get served.

  • @niebieski said:

    @eric_plant said:
    On the morning of the play off final v Southend my dad and I (he's in his 70s) were refused entry to the Falcon because I was wearing a Wycombe top

    I have never been in since, nor will I ever go in there again

    I've been refused service in there for wearing a WWFC top before, whilst watching the Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal shirted people get served.

    That's absolutely disgraceful.

  • Yeah....what's wrong with a Wolves top?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ Seriously though, that is totally absurd and worrying behavior. Down to certain individuals behind the bar?

  • What is their logic?

    Is this on a matchday presumably, and they don't want any potential rucks with whoever we're playing?

    I suppose you wouldn't generally wear a football top as normal leisure wear over the age of about 16

  • Don't understand the no shirts policy full stop, have you ever seen a wannabe hooligan wearing colours?

  • @Username said:
    Don't understand the no shirts policy full stop, have you ever seen a wannabe hooligan wearing colours?

    Exactly.

  • That policy stopped years ago, probably due to the logic of trying to kick out 30-40 supporters from the likes of Plymouth who descended en masse off the train.

    It was never really to my taste as a pub but the beer was usually decent enough and very handy for the station.

    There has been a noticeable decline in the choice of beer though this season and they don’t have licences for the football. So does to the Three Tund it will be...

  • So does to the Three Tund it will be...
    Once you’d finished your second pint in the Falcon @bookertease ?

  • Sadly stone cold sober when I wrote that @micra. Combination of standing on a train, auto-correct (of what I’ve no idea) and deteriorating eyesight

  • Only 007 should stand on a train, especially with deteriorating eyesight.

    Excuse silliness - your post @bookertease took me back 25 years to my London commuter days. Plus Γ§a change n all that.

    [Acknowledgement to @drcongo whose table mocking quip yesterday prompted my response.]

  • I’d tax supermarket alcohol at a higher rate and use the money earned to discount pub drinks

  • Any one know what pub chain has bought the Bootlegger?

  • I'm old enough to remember when it was the Flint Cottage. Proper boozer that.

  • The flint cottage can't have been that long ago, I'm in my 20s and remember it

Β«1
Sign In or Register to comment.