Skip to content

"FA Cup Proper" - Attendance - Tranmere (a) - Sat 9th Nov - 1st Round FA Cup

2»

Comments

• On-site estimate...
    Approx 4600
    350 Chairboys
    Probably miles out though.

• Attendance given as 3,849 but no word on The Chairboys support yet.

• 258 away on TR twitter

• Sterling job, @micra!

• Congratulations @Micra - closest prediction of the season yet, one way! What will happen when you get good at this.

Full report and plaudits later. Several forecasters with 100.

• Thanks @railwaysteve. I knew I had to re-group after the Rotherham shambles but wasn’t expecting that!

• Some very tidy predicting this week, lead by @Micra, who I am going to call redoubtable for being accurate within one. Congratualtions.

The challenge is now set for the next couple of games against Tranmere, in particular for @micra and for @ryan_w_kirkby, who maybe used his own, or his daughter's local knowledge to be 2nd closest with a fine prediction of 3871.

Here is the complete Honour Board of those who were within a hundred:

@micra out by just 1 with a prediction of 3850
    @ryan_w_kirby out by just 22 with a prediction of 3871
    @WidmerWanderer out by just 36 with a prediction of 3885
    @Ned_Ludd out by just 47 with a prediction of 3896
    @twizz out by just 49 with a prediction of 3800
    @YorkExile out by just 74 with a prediction of 3923

With regard to our own away crowd, an honourable mention for @wwfcblue who was 10 away with 268 and again for @ryan_w_kirkby who was also 10 away with 268.

For anyone like myself, who wasn't that close, no worries, there appear to be a couple more games against Tranmere to give us a chance to improve. I have one small piece of insider information - my son and I will go the League game there and we didn't go to the Cup game.