Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

1235»

Comments

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I still think Peterborough are the only team that have looked quality - or am I being harsh to some of the others we've played?

I've not been away bit Peterborough were indeed the best side at AP so far. It's the only game my head said we'd had it when they went 3-2 up. Of course the heart expected a very late equaliser!

• @Wendoverman said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    I still think Peterborough are the only team that have looked quality - or am I being harsh to some of the others we've played?

I've not been away bit Peterborough were indeed the best side at AP so far. It's the only game my head said we'd had it when they went 3-2 up. Of course the heart expected a very late equaliser!

Oddly, I only got to that game at half-time (when, you will recall, we were 2-0 down). Thus, while I could see Peterborough had some quality, they did not seem crash hot while we beat them 3-1 in the second half.

• We never looked entirely out of it @HCblue but they did look a very good team.

• It's a game of two halves......and unintentionally opens up the discussion on the early leavers again!!

• Posh have been the best team I've seen us play this season...at home at least as only done one away so far...I know the shame......but they looked the business compared to the other "big" teams we've played this year.

• edited October 2019

The only games I've not seen, live or otherwise, are Bristol Rovers and Gillingham - so unless either of those sides were a lot better than we've heard, Posh are easily the best we've faced, and we just about matched them in the end.

• I agree, though I think Ipswich, Oxford and Coventry are going to provide interesting comparisons to the Posh.

• Can't wait for series two of the Sunderland thing...the battle of Adams Park!