Skip to content

when does everyone think we'll clinch promotion?

Comments

• I feel this is the type of thread that could really bite us in the arse.

Imagine Accrington or oxford scoring last minute winners to deny us a (very unlikely at this point) promotion, and then their supporters posting these fan fictions all over social media.

I’ll abstain for now!

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I feel this is the type of thread that could really bite us in the arse.

Imagine Accrington or oxford scoring last minute winners to deny us a (very unlikely at this point) promotion, and then their supporters posting these fan fictions all over social media.

I’ll abstain for now!

I'm pretty sure all bar the exceptionally delusional are not truly expecting us to stay where we are!
    But we can certainly milk it while we're there!

• edited October 2019

We won't finish in the top two, but I don't think it's delusional to expect a play-off challenge now. We can't not be considered contenders.

• "Hope for" a play off challenge, I'll grant you.
    Not expect one.

• Ok, I expect us to challenge but won't be disappointed if we finish anywhere in the top half.

• Looking forward to the end of season message, over the new tannoy; “please refrain from entering the pitch and yellow area to allow for the trophy presentation”. Of the Berks and Bucks.

• @Malone said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    I feel this is the type of thread that could really bite us in the arse.

I’ll abstain for now!

I'm pretty sure all bar the exceptionally delusional are not truly expecting us to stay where we are!
    But we can certainly milk it while we're there!

I appreciate everyone is having a laugh but does feel like we’ll only jinx ourselves!

• Of course it's all in jest. As soon as it looks like we might genuinely be competing at the business end of the season, the gasroom will revert to type. Eric will be the only one to claim we'll definitely be champions (after a charity bet with Dev), while everyone else will be dismissing Fred as a carthorse, bemoaning Bayo's lack of movement, pensioning off Blooms having gone on one season too long for 5 consecutive seasons, criticising JJ's lack of pace, claiming that Freeman can't defend, wondering when Samuel will ever score and screaming for Yates to replace Rocky. Glasshalfempty will deliver the rant of his life when we give up a 2 goal lead at home to already relegated Wimbledon, during added time that we wasted earlier, and yes, Richie (where has he been all weekend, by the way?) will claim GA has the tactical acumen of an amoeba and should've ***ed off to Millwall. We will miss out on the play-offs by a whisker, and the gasroom will spend all summer trying to work out why, claiming "it's the hope that kills us".

Hopefully that unjinxes the jinx, @OxfordBlue

• Excellent post @LeedsBlue. Only just got round to it - a long scroll down.

• Expecto Patronus! ZZAP!?

• My major concern at the moment is the route the open top bus parade should take. Keep it simple..Adams Park to High Street, or take in all the parishes and risk a Mike Bassett style wrong turn onto the M40?

• Cant go down the West Wycombe rd, as it will go past the Conservative club. Cant have that embodiment of skullduggerry being involved in any way.

• Has to post it in case anyone's never seen it

• @micra said:
    Excellent post @LeedsBlue. Only just got round to it - a long scroll down.

I’ll raise myself - POTS.

• Brilliant @chairboyscentral ! Confess hadn’t seen that before (or maybe had forgotten)!

• 5pm New Years Day

• I'm assuming our home league match against Manchester United next season will be all-ticket. Have the club started planning priority on tickets?

• Relatively local away trips to Watford, Fulham, QPR, Charlton, Brentford Reading and Millwall next season

• @LX1 said:
    I'm assuming our home league match against Manchester United next season will be all-ticket. Have the club started planning priority on tickets?

When we score first against Tranmere in a fortnight I would be delighted to heartily join in a chant of: "We are going to Old Trafford". Shame Sky wouldn't show it.

• Far be it from me to be picky but I’ve auditioned in front of mrs micra and she reckons it doesn’t scan - either that or I’m just inept.

• @LX1 said:
    I'm assuming our home league match against Manchester United next season will be all-ticket. Have the club started planning priority on

God can you.imagine all the red shirts in the home stands as United fans have a fixture so close to home.??

• I assume that wasn’t a question to the Alnighty @Wendoverman.

• The Alnighty Wendoverman? I like the sound of that. Mrs W less so.

• Some typos just ask to be left uncorrected.

• Following Peterborough's result last night, should we be contacting the mayor to make sure he will be available for the town hall balcony thingy?

• probably worth putting in a call

• Not sure the Town Hall has a balcony.

• Health and safety gone mad.