Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when does everyone think we'll clinch promotion?

I'm just hoping it's before Accrington away

Can you imagine the collective bed-wetting about getting a ticket for that?

Β«13

Comments

  • Sorry @eric_plant, far too early for that sort of speculation. We should wait until at least midday!🀩🀣🀣

  • I presume January 11th at the Stadium of Whining Mackems is just a tad too early to be mathematically certain, isn't it.

  • If they keep being beaten by tinpot teams they might find it hard against some of the 'promotion favourites'

  • Saturday 21st March 2020, 4:52pm, Oxford UK.

    JJ whips a corner into the box. It pinballs around the penalty area for a few seconds before falling to Dom Gape 10 yards out. He lashes it into the roof of the net - 2-1 Wycombe. 1600 Chairboys go delirious. Hundreds more stood on stepladders and cars behind the PNL's fourth stand join them, with a slight rumbling of clattering metal as ladders hit the tarmac. Full-time, promotion, Gareth is carried from the pitch by Martin O'Neill and Bill Turnbull.

    Make me dream.

  • Thread rating: 10/10

  • @Last_Quarter said:
    Saturday 21st March 2020, 4:52pm, Oxford UK.

    JJ whips a corner into the box. It pinballs around the penalty area for a few seconds before falling to Dom Gape 10 yards out. He lashes it into the roof of the net - 2-1 Wycombe. 1600 Chairboys go delirious. Hundreds more stood on stepladders and cars behind the PNL's fourth stand join them, with a slight rumbling of clattering metal as ladders hit the tarmac. Full-time, promotion, Gareth is carried from the pitch by Martin O'Neill and Bill Turnbull.

    Make me dream.

    Lovely thought, but we're at home that day

  • Oh bollocks - I misread the fixture list...

    Saturday 21st December 2019, 4:52pm, Oxford UK.

    By some mathematical miracle, Wycombe are on the brink of promotion despite playing just 20 matches.

    JJ whips a corner into the box. It pinballs around the penalty area for a few seconds before falling to Dom Gape 10 yards out. He lashes it into the roof of the net - 2-1 Wycombe. 1600 Chairboys go delirious. Hundreds more stood on stepladders and cars behind the PNL's fourth stand join them, with a slight rumbling of clattering metal as ladders hit the tarmac. Full-time, promotion, Gareth is carried from the pitch by Martin O'Neill and Bill Turnbull.

    Happy Christmas.

  • Much better

    "Champions by Christmas"

  • Sunday 24th May 2020

  • Whenever we cross the line will be a very bad day for Richie. Imagine getting promotion with a tactically inept manager!

  • For those who need a little help funding their season end promotion celebration drinks bill.........
    Promotion still available at 17-2
    Playoffs or better still available at 9-4.
    Fill your boots.............

  • And our relegation odds?.....

    (I am starting to get comfortable about us not getting relegated, which is really worrying. I worked out yesterday that we probably only need 5 more wins plus 10 draws to be safe)

  • @DevC β€œFill yer boots”

    Not quite a GambleAware message. For someone who has spoken in the past about lots of social issues quite a blinkered approach to what is a big problem for many

  • @carrickblue said:
    @DevC β€œFill yer boots”

    Not quite a GambleAware message. For someone who has spoken in the past about lots of social issues quite a blinkered approach to what is a big problem for many

    Get a grip busy body.

    Is "footing the drinks bill" offensive to alcoholics too??

  • @carrickblue said:
    @DevC β€œFill yer boots”

    Not quite a GambleAware message. For someone who has spoken in the past about lots of social issues quite a blinkered approach to what is a big problem for many

    A bit of an over reaction.

  • The post even existing could upset someone with a social media addiction.

  • Lincoln away. Free coaches, late winners. 1999 all over again.

  • yeah, would be a nice touch that

    We'd have to take Comanche with us as well

  • It struck me yesterday that I’ve stopped worrying about relegation. So if we don’t win again till Christmas it’s on me.

  • I'm worried about relegation next season. From the Championship.

  • We've seen most teams now. There really is nothing to be frightened of in this league

  • @eric_plant said:
    We've seen most teams now. There really is nothing to be frightened of in this league

    Apart from Wycombe

  • @LX1 said:
    I'm worried about relegation next season. From the Championship.

    This time next year we’ll have beaten so many β€˜big clubs’ that we’ll we’ll think of Sunderland’s complaints this weekend as almost understated.

  • edited October 21

    Sunday May 3rd 2020. The Wham Stadium. Entering the match a point ahead of third placed Ipswich and 2 points behind Peterborough, Wycombe, unable to make the breakthrough after 92 minutes of Accrington Shithousery on their quagmire of a pitch find themselves in third after both promotion rivals have seen out easy wins.

    Curtis Thompson wins a free kick just inside the Wycombe half. Player of the Season Ryan Allsop comes up to take it and lifts it into the packed Stanley box. Their keeper punches clear from a goal bound header by Darius Charles but it’s a weak effort flicked back in by Fred towards the head of Bayo Akinfenwa. Before it reaches him, the big man goes down, seemingly dragged backwards by two Stanley players. The referee, Mr T. Kettle, appears uncertain but after a conversation with the lineswoman, points to the spot. In what seems a pre agreed move, the ball is handed to Matt Bloomfield who, without hesitation, places it. He seems to smile slightly at the hushed 1600 Wycombe faithful on the terrace in front of him as he begins his run up....

  • @carrickblue said:
    @DevC β€œFill yer boots”

    Not quite a GambleAware message. For someone who has spoken in the past about lots of social issues quite a blinkered approach to what is a big problem for many

    Totally. And I think all that buy a burger and beer advertising that we are bombarded with before every match fails to take into account how unhappy and unhealthy most fatties are...

  • Sunday May 3rd 2020. The Wham Stadium. Entering the match a point ahead of third placed Ipswich and 2 points behind Peterborough, Wycombe, unable to make the breakthrough after 92 minutes of Accrington Shithousery on their quagmire of a pitch find themselves in third after both promotion rivals have seen out easy wins.

    Curtis Thompson wins a free kick just inside the Wycombe half. Player of the Season Ryan Allsop comes up to take it and lifts it into the packed Stanley box. Their keeper punches clear from a goal bound header by Darius Charles but it’s a weak effort flicked back in by Fred towards the head of Bayo Akinfenwa. Before it reaches him, the big man goes down, seemingly dragged backwards by two Stanley players. The referee, Mr T. Kettle, appears uncertain but after a conversation with the lineswoman, points to the spot. In what seems a pre agreed move, the ball is handed to Matt Bloomfield who, without hesitation, places it. He seems to smile slightly at the hushed 1600 Wycombe faithful on the terrace in front of him as he begins his run up....

  • @Wendoverman said:

    @carrickblue said:
    @DevC β€œFill yer boots”

    Not quite a GambleAware message. For someone who has spoken in the past about lots of social issues quite a blinkered approach to what is a big problem for many

    Totally. And I think all that buy a burger and beer advertising that we are bombarded with before every match fails to take into account how unhappy and unhealthy most fatties are...

    If we get promoted with my 17/2 bet on I’ll be a pretty happy fatty.

  • @Manboobs said:
    Sunday May 3rd 2020. The Wham Stadium. Entering the match a point ahead of third placed Ipswich and 2 points behind Peterborough, Wycombe, unable to make the breakthrough after 92 minutes of Accrington Shithousery on their quagmire of a pitch find themselves in third after both promotion rivals have seen out easy wins.

    Curtis Thompson wins a free kick just inside the Wycombe half. Player of the Season Ryan Allsop comes up to take it and lifts it into the packed Stanley box. Their keeper punches clear from a goal bound header by Darius Charles but it’s a weak effort flicked back in by Fred towards the head of Bayo Akinfenwa. Before it reaches him, the big man goes down, seemingly dragged backwards by two Stanley players. The referee, Mr T. Kettle, appears uncertain but after a conversation with the lineswoman, points to the spot. In what seems a pre agreed move, the ball is handed to Matt Bloomfield who, without hesitation, places it. He seems to smile slightly at the hushed 1600 Wycombe faithful on the terrace in front of him as he begins his run up....

    ...and scuffs it wide

  • Accy, like us, gave Sunderland fans a side and an end. So we should have no problems getting tickets if they treat all big clubs the same.

  • @Vital said:

    @Manboobs said:
    Sunday May 3rd 2020. The Wham Stadium. Entering the match a point ahead of third placed Ipswich and 2 points behind Peterborough, Wycombe, unable to make the breakthrough after 92 minutes of Accrington Shithousery on their quagmire of a pitch find themselves in third after both promotion rivals have seen out easy wins.

    Curtis Thompson wins a free kick just inside the Wycombe half. Player of the Season Ryan Allsop comes up to take it and lifts it into the packed Stanley box. Their keeper punches clear from a goal bound header by Darius Charles but it’s a weak effort flicked back in by Fred towards the head of Bayo Akinfenwa. Before it reaches him, the big man goes down, seemingly dragged backwards by two Stanley players. The referee, Mr T. Kettle, appears uncertain but after a conversation with the lineswoman, points to the spot. In what seems a pre agreed move, the ball is handed to Matt Bloomfield who, without hesitation, places it. He seems to smile slightly at the hushed 1600 Wycombe faithful on the terrace in front of him as he begins his run up....

    ...and scuffs it wide

    Oh is there no romance in your soul?

Sign In or Register to comment.