Skip to content

The New Deal outline now emailed to Legacy Trust Members

Comments

• When they explained the process for establishing eligibility yesterday (manual crosshatching of names on trust database against four years of season ticket databases with obvious possibility of name differences (Dave/David) plus address and email changes over four years), it did occur to me that errors were almost inevitable.
    Hopefully the vote will be so convincing that no room for doubt as to whether the errors were decisive.

• Certainly needs investigating but hopefully a one off error. I (and the family) had continuous season tickets from 1995 through 2003. I'm a Trust member and have had an ST for 2 seasons again now but I haven't (rightly) received a vote.

As an aside, personally I feel that I would have contacted the Trust directly for confirmation or advice rather than going public by posting as it sets all sorts of rabbits running (who knows where). Conspiracy theorists will no doubt have a field day.?

• Topically one of my favourite phrases from a Mackem mate is 'There's a rabbit away here' when something is fishy. Never fails to make me laugh when he turns to me furtively and whispers that. Is this unique to the north east or commonly used?

• Funnily enough @LX1, I was born in Rothbury, Northumberland but I don't recall that phrase.

• Hopefully @robin, your inclusion is a one off.

Please raise it with the board so you’re not counted as a no vote.

• But keep quiet if you voted yes.
    Just jesting.

• @AlanCecil this sounds like a job for you big man. Can you look into robin's situation?
    (And if robin isn't his real name pick up with him privately?)

• @Malone said:
    @AlanCecil this sounds like a job for you big man. Can you look into robin's situation?
    (And if robin isn't his real name pick up with him privately?)

We are aware and investigating. Thanks

• Top man

• edited October 2019

As David Cook explained at the meeting last night, it has been a log, complicated and frustrating process to align the various databases in order to highlight the Legacy members. I applaud all the Trust Board for their efforts.

• Anyone listening to How to run a football league club on Five Live? Hearing that to be competitive in the championship needs a playing budget of £20 Million makes me wonder how Rob and Missy see they can generate that - at least at the end of an industrial estate with awful access. I know they can make improvements. I was pretty surprised to hear last night that we make a loss on merchandise for example but improvements that bring in that much? Even 3000 extra supporters a year who generate a profit of £30 each and every match isn’t much over 2M. I’m going to stick my neck out and say that within the next few years relocation will be talked about as having to happen.

I’m not saying Felicia are pulling a fast one, I just don’t see how they make us sustainable where we are and also talk about the Championship? And I wonder if, as Americans, they see relocation as we do?

• Would some of that cost of running a Championship team be covered by increased Sky TV revenue too?

• We all foresaw the problems of being down the end of an industrial estate with one road in and out - even as we marveled at the shiny structure of our new stadium. How we miss the accessibility of Loakes Park but it was not to be. Maybe Steve Hayes could share the Booker blueprints with Rob etc.

• Time soon for National Trust or rather the Dashwood Family who own the keys to the Estate to welcome with open arms (tongue in cheek) an exit route on their land for the good of the whole community of Wycombe...rather like his ancestor did in building the London Road into Wycombe..during a time of famine...giving hard up farm workers a job. Are they supporters...they still live at the estate...if not perhaps the Couhigs can invite them

• Or more likely the Council to get more behind the team that is increasingly bringing the Press to the town ..we have all noticed back page coverage of the club in the last few weeks in national press...higher profile must be good for the town as a whole...

• @blue67 said:
    Would some of that cost of running a Championship team be covered by increased Sky TV revenue too?

For sure, I think about £6M in TV cash and if we could make a profit through developing players that would also be helpful. A point being made on the show is that what you really want is the non football business run by the club making decent money. And in the championship that would have to be very decent money. I believe no championship club made money according to last accounts.

I think Felicia could make us sustainable in league 1 at Adams Park. I’m not sure they could keep us breaking even in the championship without something radical.

• @Manboobs said:
    Anyone listening to How to run a football league club on Five Live? Hearing that to be competitive in the championship needs a playing budget of £20 Million.

Millwall had a reported playing budget of £13m last year, but I agree even that sum seems beyond us.

• Gareth is at least twice as good as any other manager in the Championship, so I reckon he'll only need 10 million.

• @Onlooker said:
    We all foresaw the problems of being down the end of an industrial estate with one road in and out - even as we marveled at the shiny structure of our new stadium. How we miss the accessibility of Loakes Park but it was not to be. Maybe Steve Hayes could share the Booker blueprints with Rob etc.

I bet the council wouldn't consider it for even a second. For Wasps, roll out the redcarpet, for us, no chance.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Gareth is at least twice as good as any other manager in the Championship, so I reckon he'll only need 10 million.

Sounds more like our style; a playing budget of £10 million and we'd be punching above our weight for a tiny club...etc.??

• Just the cheeky 8m step up in budget needed.

• @Malone said:

@Onlooker said:
    We all foresaw the problems of being down the end of an industrial estate with one road in and out - even as we marveled at the shiny structure of our new stadium. How we miss the accessibility of Loakes Park but it was not to be. Maybe Steve Hayes could share the Booker blueprints with Rob etc.

I bet the council wouldn't consider it for even a second. For Wasps, roll out the redcarpet, for us, no chance.

Rob is no fool. Far from it. I believe he has thought about this and I’m sure there have been conversations. Whether access road or relocation I bet he has an idea that he believes is workable to create what is needed for the championship. Either that or he really wants us to stay league 1 - which of course you can’t say when you appeal to supporters to buy their club. But I favour the first theory. Time will tell.

• @Manboobs said:

@Malone said:

@Onlooker said:

Rob is no fool. Far from it. I believe he has thought about this and I’m sure there have been conversations. Whether access road or relocation I bet he has an idea that he believes is workable to create what is needed for the championship. Either that or he really wants us to stay league 1 - which of course you can’t say when you appeal to supporters to buy their club. But I favour the first theory. Time will tell.

With a new road, would that be to link to the trail that then emerges at West Wycombe road?
    Or back up to Booker or somewhere?
    Or both?

Relocation would be interesting. Obviously only if it was in this area!
    But what would the quickest turnaround be for that, in terms of planning, building etc.
    3 years?
    I wonder how long term his goal is?

• edited October 2019

With a new road, would that be to link to the trail that then emerges at West Wycombe road?
    Or back up to Booker or somewhere?
    Or both?

Relocation would be interesting. Obviously only if it was in this area!
    But what would the quickest turnaround be for that, in terms of planning, building etc.
    3 years?
    I wonder how long term his goal is?

I think and hope long term. He knows sports in the US and he is a sharp lawyer- I believe he argued before the Supreme Court- so he’s smart enough, I’m sure, to realise what works in the US (Oakland Raiders to LA to Oakland again and now Vegas for example) won’t work here. But a Booker style development? Who knows. And if so would that necessarily be a bad thing?

• Meant to add a reply to the quote. I think there are plans and ideas we have not yet seen and they probably involve developments way beyond better catering facilities and a big beer tent. I’m optimistic enough to think they will be, in the main, positive. Could I cope with an MK franchise style setup on the outskirts of Wycombe? Well yes if it had 20,000 a game there and the club was breaking even, was called Wycombe Wanderers and played in tbe famous quarters. If to get that we became the QuickQuid Bitcoins? Hmmm. If the setup was on the outskirts of Aylesbury?

• Relocation is almost certainly necessary to facilitate championship football imo. Having briefly discussed this with RC he believes developing AP to greater capacity is possible but I suspect he will find the hurdles to this too great. I’m not entirely opposed to that but wonder where this might leave the trust. The trust are to own AP but who would own any new stadium?

• Exciting and worrying in equal measures.

So let's see how this vote goes first.

I think they confirmed that if we got over the 75%, they would say so early...
    So is there a cut off of when they'll just wait until the end of the period, or do we have a nail biter as time goes on that we haven't reached it, as time moves on!

• By tomorrow I would guess

• edited October 2019

Sorry, but does anyone know anyone who is voting no?

• The biggest landslide in Civica history